Trading 212 API integration

Trading 212 should add an API plugin so that finance apps like emma can access the current portfolio. The rival app freetrade currently has this feature and trading 212 should add the same to rival them

6 Likes

FT doesn’t have an API though they have said it might come in the future.

1 Like

As basic as it is the CSV download from T212 is pretty powerful.

I take it, dump it to Excel and create all manner of “views”… P&L… Tax/CGT positions …

T212 do expose quite a lot of api data for assets available and (if you use something like Selenium) you can actually get your portfolio and cash positions out automatically once you’ve got an authorisation token.

CSV is basic, I know. But works.

4 Likes

+1 for this.

Having an API would allow many services to be able to connect and use our data without having to export or edit the downloaded .CSV

Please add this T212.

3 Likes

+1 for this also. I run a site called DiviTrack which currently uses CSV exports which can be unreliable due to format changes. It would help a lot to have a T212 api as it would allow real-time updates and not force the user to constantly export CSVs!

2 Likes

Or build an app to recognise US/EU time formats and stuff or mark different columns as different things like wallmine.

Not saying wallmine is perfect, far from it but there needs to be a bit of give and take on both sides.

They should simply use the open banking API, would be a dream. Make tracking much easier than opening the app each time. I know currently the focus is on but it opening to new customers but once the shifts change would be ideal.

Twelve months on and still nothing.

You should expect that. Nowhere on this thread does 212 say:

“Great idea, we’ll have this ready for you in 12 months!”

2 Likes

I am also waiting for API integration.

1 Like

Thats the only reason I created a community account :smiley:
please expose a basic API for us developers out there, your platform will profit from third-party tools and make the community stronger.

For me the main use-case would be just to retrieve the current balance of an account (maybe via a given personal api-token) so that I can display it in my finance app.

1 Like

There is an App that does this already - MoneyHub I think.

I have to agree with @Finki , no need for a public API when you’re a dev, as long as you’re fine if things might break from time to time :person_shrugging:

Welcome, @whafner :pray:

Appreciate the interest, but this is not something we’re considering. Still, if this changes at some point, we’ll let you know.

Honestly why? This is a standard feature of all modern services.

2 Likes

Care to name where else does this?

1 Like

Isn’t the API on CFD active anymore? I can’t remember the name anymore, but there used to be a service, where you could algo trade on CFDs. They went out of business two years ago I believe.

There aren’t any active APIs for the time being, including on the CFD app. We’ll let everyone know if this changes in the future, though :v:

1 Like

I feel as though an API would be great just to track my account balance in a money managing app like EMMA finance. If anything it would be a great way to get me to invest more.

1 Like

Nutmeg offer this, and so does EMMA finance