Euro/USD forex trade market

Can someone tell me what the h*ll is happening with the Euro/USD forex trade market…? the drop is too low and I am losing hundreds in profit. It’s been on the lowest it has ever been and it looks like it is only dropping lower.

Need a comfort boost

1 Like

Monetary policies from the ECB mostly.

For a comfort boost, over time FX fluctuations between the majors currencies really don’t add up to too much. Usually in a range of 5-20% over decades, dwarfed by any investment returns.

Over a shorter period of time, yeah, you may see a 10% differential over a year or two, which would seriously impact the returns you’ve made in the period, but if your focus is long term oriented, I wouldn’t worry.

If FX fluctuations still are a worry for you, there are a few Hedged ETFs here on T212, both in GBP/X and EUR denominations, tracking indexes such as S&P500 but also hedging itself against FX. It will have “Hedged” in the name or the description :+1:

2 Likes

And also having a currency-hedged product, it has its costs, reducing the profitability or increasing the losses. As there ain’t no free lunch.

The currency-hedged products are better suitable only for shorter periods of time or for high volatile currencies (e.g. Turkish Lira).

1 Like

What is your trading strategy?
Why did you buy eur/usd? What was your exit strategy?
If you entered the trade long term then you need to weather out the storm.

Why are the ROIs on spam always so laughably high. The two of you who clicked on this…

Shame.

2 Likes