Exportable Data

Just updated the iOS app and the feature is there. Try updating

We just released an update of the iOS app which now includes the export feature.

Android update will come tomorrow.
Web - next week.

We will post an official announcement and a quick guide on how to use the export feature as soon as Android users can see it too.

36 Likes

Thanks for the update. Downloading now :slight_smile:

Edit: Just downloaded and saved my first .csv export to dropbox and opened in Excel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks T212 team!

(building my investment tracking tool nowā€¦ anyone else doing the same? please share your versions!)

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this update.
Would it be possible to also include the option of exporting Holdings during non-market hours?

Thanks in advance.

1400 lines :unamused:

3 Likes

I have downloaded my first CSV record of dividends using the Android update that dropped in my sleep. This appears to be well implemented and straightforward to use use. The download opens easily in Google Sheets.

My other brokers do not provide this, so it is one more reason to be happy to be investing with Trading 212.

Many thanks

4 Likes

Hi Suresh, I am not sure I understand what you mean. Could you provide a bit more context, please?

Thank you for your response.
I was asking,
If it is also possible to export current ā€œPortfolio holdingsā€ to a csv file.
(Off market hours, to reduce load during market hours)

1 Like

Looking good George, any chance the notes field could be added?

I have a few ā€œdepositsā€ which were not actually deposits by me but the result of stock split fractional shares being sold, and a ā€œwithdrawalā€ which was actually reserved for a rights issue - Iā€™m thinking the notes might help with reconciling those transactions.

Hi George,
Iā€™ve downloaded an export on the Android version.
Great to have export functionality.
I notice that instrument isnā€™t present only the ISIN and name.
Would it be possible to add instrument (ticker) as I use that to import the data to track my portfolio?

2 Likes

Silly question. Can I ask for Android where do you see this option to export data? Thanks

Edit: Found it, had to update the app. In History, top right.

1 Like

It should come out at some point today for Android! It will probably be under the History section.

This a great improvement/feature. Just downloaded my first report using the android app and played a little with the report. I have 2 comments in case you want to take them on-board for further development.
A) info on dividends still falls short as no fx info is included forcing user to lots of manipulation of the report to get the euro of withholding tax
B) it would be great the prior to the extraction of the report the user could chose to aggregate the transactions of a same instrument( this is possible when extracting report from Degiro). Or instead of having the column result to have a negative amount in the total whenever the transaction is a sell. This would facilitate the construction of a pivot table.

Overall, like I said, great new feature. I am really happy you have added itšŸ‘

1 Like

The update is now available to all Android users as well!

9 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions, we will add notes!

The data included in the export is a reflection of what you can see in the history section of the app. That being said, I agree that we still need to enrich the dividend info in the history section. Once we add the FX info there it will become part of the exports as well.

10 Likes

I am enjoying the new export facility. Good news.

However, I wonder if the fact that everything is rounded to two decimal points will give folk some questions.

For example. Coca Cola last dividend was $0.41 per share gross. After deduction of 15% this is $0.345 net. But this is shown in the export as just $0.35.

Presumably the total amount paid is done with the full decimal places

payment = shares owned x 0.345 x exchange rate

not shares owned x 0.35 x exchange rate

But since exchange rate is given as ā€œNot availableā€ there is no way to calculate backwards to figure out that the true gross dividend payment was $0.345. One can look it up at places like https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/ko/dividend-history.

One can sort of guess the exchange rate from

fx = (Total (GBP) / 0.85) / (Withholding tax (USD) / 0.15)

But this is only approximate since these figures have also been rounded.

One can also guess the true GBP gross dividend amount from Total (GBP) / 0.85 and the true USD gross dividend amount from Withholding tax (USD) / 0.15.

Strictly speaking HMRC expect a taxpayer to report GBP value of the dividend when converted from USD to GBP on the official payment date, irrespective of the date the broker passes it on. For example, KO paid dividend on 1/10/20 when GBP/USD = 0.7761. Best as I can figure my dividend was paid on 5/10/20 using an exchange rate of 0.7712. If I had received $1000 of gross dividend this means that Trading 212 would have paid me Ā£771.20 minus 15% = Ā£655.51 (not Ā£776.10 minus 15% = Ā£659.68). HMRC expect me to pay tax on Ā£776.10 (not Ā£771.20) and I can deduce only Ā£115.68 foreign tax credit (not Ā£116.41),

Of course things can work the other way if the dollar had strengthened between official payment date and when Trading 212 passed dividends on. However even then there is a problem, Suppose rate went the reverse way, from 0.7712 to 07761. Trading 212 would pay me more than if they had paid on official payment date, but they will also deduct too much withholding tax. I am only able to claim a tax credit for the amount I would have paid at the 0.7712 rate on the official payment date.

But perhaps all this too esoteric. I expect many will take a simple route and report gross US dividends as ā€œtotal amount paid by Trading 212 in the tax yearā€, divided by 0.85, and calculate the withholding tax that has been paid as 0.15 of this.

2 Likes

We will be working to make it available for each dividend. We understand how helpful it would be to have it as a reference, especially in the scenario you described.

4 Likes

Another great delivery from the T212 team. :pray:t4:

Notes field added :slight_smile:

2 Likes