Free Share £100

Hi

My friend and I received a free share, but it was only worth £10. I was under the impression we would receive £100 worth of shares each. via the recommendation scheme.

Will we get additional shares to the value of £100 (£90 now as we have had a £10 share) each

It’s “up to 100£” not that each of us will get 100£ worth share

1 Like

I think the promise is “its value will be up to 100 USD/ 100 GBP/ 100 EUR.” It is a lottery. Some people receive more valuable shares, some less. I have also received shares worth £10.

1 Like

£100 guaranteed? Dream on :yum:

2 Likes

I still don’t see the point in the share giveaway…

Most of the people I see on here wanting free shares are the same ppl asking why they are being stopped out with margin calls on the CFD platform. edit: Not all but , seems a few…

A free £10-£100 share is either a bullish day or bearish day considering the market right now.
If your on here to invest, I don’t see the point. Especially when the forum is overloaded with questions like “When do i get my free share”.

:exploding_head: :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I think its only a bit of fun. Can also be dangerous. I used to own a heap of GE shares, but sold them because I doubted the company;s prospects. Then I got a free GE share from Trading 212. Rather than sell it, I thought, “Let’s top it up to 10 shares”. The price has declined 30% since then. Not a lot of money, but I would have been better off if the free share had not reawakened the thought of investing in GE.

1 Like

@adm £10 vs £100 is significantly different… but I’m not complaining… Just out of curiosity, what help questions are we allowed to post ask? Oops I just asked a question…

I wonder what is the average value of received free shares. I also got a 10 euro worth of share from an invited friend :smiley:

1 Like

I’d say just over £10 is average, I’ve had a good few £8, and the higher priced ones drove up the average. My best was Uber which was at £40 at the time but it’s dropped a lot since lol. But still just added an extra Uber share to my existing position

I sold my 2x Fords ASAP … profit of my life… rite

I wish I had ford lol

Hi, I referred my free share link to a few people and just got a free share that was worth £7.70 and it’s no where near their £100 promotion. I’m still grateful, however, they could have been more clear about it.
Stay safe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is murky as Thames river. :+1:

By coincidence I also got a free share today… one share of Lindt & Sprungli.

2 Likes

Genuinely I’d rather a nice T212 mug over 10 dollars worth of shares.

2 Likes

shame you can’t read :joy:. literally says in the terms and conditions. Stay Safe

Maybe someday you’ll get one :sunglasses:

1 Like

:rofl:

download (2)

1 Like

In relation to this, I don’t think have to be any more clear than saying it’s up to £100. It’s not like the National Lottery says it’s up to £1,000,000… but the average winnings per ticket is 20p. I think it’s a bit common sense that it’s up to £100 but it’s very unlikely you’ll get close to that

2 Likes