Future Crypto Plans

With Interactive Brokers now offering crypto, does this mean that t212 will be able to offer crypto trading in the near future? I think this is something many would be interested in.

3 Likes

Maybe in the new EU platform. In the UK one it’s not possible.

1 Like

I’m from the UK and I believe it is possible as long as we are buying the underlying asset and not a derivative.

1 Like

FCA only banned the crypto derivatives (Future, Options, CFDs) and ETNs, not the cryptos as they don’t have a mandate and legislation to regulate cryptos, the only exceptions at the moment are the STOs and security tokens (tokenized stocks/bonds/funds/ETFs/other securities & derivatives), as also with other financial regulators

3 Likes

Interactive Brokers tie up with Paxos is only in US.
Not sure if it is available for EU residents.

1 Like

I am interested in cryptocurrency, but is it too much of a risk? I read a lot about it, and I still really want to try to implement my idea. I want to start with getting cryptocurrency for free, for example, through giveaways, airdrop, mint, or in faucetpay microwallet. Often, companies hold various giveaways, information about which can be found on social networks. Developers actively publish posts about it on Twitter, Telegram, and various forums dedicated to cryptocurrency. They are interested in attracting new users to their projects by giving away tokens for free, which will subsequently affect the increase in transactions.

Thanks for information