GME - Voting Rights

Hey everyone :wave:

We’re excited to share that eligible holders of GME will be able to participate in the upcoming corporate event. All you need to do is log in to your Trading 212 account and follow the steps:

16 Likes

Well done @Team212 for turning this feature around and, more generally, striving to give customers what they want insofar as is possible.

4 Likes

In general, we’re looking to automate and introduce the voting feature so that you can have it available for any upcoming events. We cannot commit to ETA (including AMC), but it is definitely something that we’re exploring as we speak.

8 Likes

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to vote on GME!

2 Likes

Credit where it’s due. Thank you for implementing this.

1 Like

Nice change of tone from the angry wild finger pointer.

I agree though. Well done 212 for the quick turnaround.

3 Likes

I get no popup when i log in. Ive been holding my shares long enough before april date. any advice?

Update the app to latest or do it online :slight_smile:

Hi T212 - Thank you for listening to your community requests and making this possible. The interface is pretty quick and slick but do you have a FAQ or guide to link to that explains the process behind the scenes that enables the vote?

You see, some advice is to obtain your details to then vote on the Gamestop voting website but I expect that isn’t possible. If you could outlined how our interaction with the vote choice menu then gets taken forward that would be great.

Thanks!

3 Likes

FYI: we’re working on facilitating the AMC voting, and if everything goes as expected - it should be available within days.

Of course, we should consider all external factors that can potentially ruin the plan, but our commitment is clear: we’ll do our best to accommodate the voting.

1 Like

Just for curiosity, if T212 lend our stocks, who gets the right to vote, the borrower of the stocks or us?

1 Like

22.10. With respect to shares lent, voting rights will be held by the Borrower, although the Borrower will be required to account for the benefit of corporate actions such as rights or bonus issues. This means that You may not be able to exercise all voting rights related to any shares lent. You will receive any other rights and distributions made on loaned shares.

2 Likes

@Tony.V Are we going to be able to participate in the upcoming shareholder vote through Trading212 like we were last year?

@ferg2610 We’re currently exploring the option to facilitate the vote as we did the last year.

We are in active communication with our intermediary provider to finalise the details surrounding the event. We will announce the information publicly immediately afterwards.

1 Like

Hi Tony, is there any update on this?

1 Like

We will facilitate the voting.

We’re finalizing the details, and we’ll notify you when available.

2 Likes

Appreciate the update Tony. Also appreciate the chase up ferg2610 as time is getting close to the meeting date with almost a week till the date and other brokers having facilitated the voting already.

The voting is now available.

Each eligible shareholder (i.e. held shares or fractional stocks of GME by 6th April) will receive an email with a control number and link to submit the vote.

1 Like

Thank you B.E for the update and the actions.

1 Like