How many people still holding AMC ENTERTAIMENT,

How many people still holding AMC ENTERTAINMENT,
What should we do, Hold for long term or Sell at lost?

I’m still holding my shares (-50%) and won’t be selling any time soon

I would imagine it would be awhile before it’s pumped again unless WSBs have another plan.

For the stock to gain naturally to 20 again would be many years I’m guessing.

It’s market cap is 2 Billion at $6 which is probably high for the state of the business.

Next general meeting…

7 Likes

I have lost more than 50%, and I am becoming nervous Because the institution has more power to manipulation the Market. do you have any good reason to keep holding AMC ENTERTAINMENT,

you mean keep holding is not a good decision?

It’s not really for me to say.

From my experience I had money left in GNUS as it bleed out and held through almost a year and it was pumped again enough to get out in profit.

So maybe :man_shrugging:

Depends if you need that cash or happy for it to sit. Or whether taking a loss means that you could reinvest and gain that back. Be careful chasing losses though as it’s easy to jump into another P&D trying to get rich.

A lot of articles are bearish on the future but in these crazy times anything is possible.

Looking atm it keeps testing 5.75 support

Long term

I’ve been in a few of these meetings before :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Which share should go up today?

Blockchain is still hot today thanks to Elon with the 1.5 Billion Bitcoin thing yesterday.

This is pre market now and about an hour ago they were nuts so should be another green day. :crossed_fingers:

Shame we don’t have pre with T212, might still see some gains during normal hours though.

It’s a :roller_coaster:

As always do your own DD :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

There’s no particular reason to keep hold, just that it only represents less than 0.1% of my total portfolio so it wouldn’t make a dent even if I lost the whole thing.

Any idea about Chesapeake energy since yesterday their trading is suspended, do you know any reason. I am down by nearly £800. Thanks

I do not know how many people but I am still holding AMC and I am still in the green zone. Have no intention to sell until the short squeeze has happened. The apes are still controlling 80% of the official floats.

As usual you gain advantage by becoming the earlier believer / adopter. My strategy is to have a core position certain number of shares and swing trading the rest. I will sell it when reaching the limit and buy back on the dip to keep my average price down. It is not work all the time but work in vast majority of cases. This strategy keeps me remaining in the green zone.

Many people investing on AMC/GME already know that this is more like betting rather than investing against the short squeeze to happen with a calculated risk (e.g., Risk/Reward) using a lottery stock. Therefore, they will only put the money they could effort to lose. The risk: you could only lose the money you bet/invest. The reward: it could go to infinity (no limit). Just look at in the history of the short squeeze with Volkswagen stock.

There are a lot of 2X, 3X runner in a short period out there but it is difficult to find the MOASS (Mother of All short squeeze). To me this is once in a lifetime opportunity.

For it to squeeze though you need a decent level of short interest.

But importantly you need he very fast and heavy buying to start the snowball. Thats where its going to be difficult unless something is planned and everyone joins again like the Jan / June madness.

https://shortsqueeze.com/shortinterest/stock/AMC.htm
https://shortsqueeze.com/shortinterest/stock/GME.htm

Screenshot 2021-08-10 at 13.52.09
Screenshot 2021-08-10 at 13.51.53

It is well known you could not just believe the number of short interest as the hedgies are using the dark pool to divert to buy/sell. Also using Payment For Order Flow (PFOF). Not to mention the number of synthetic shares (naked shorting) and FTD (Failed to deliver).

The fact that the apes control 80% of the floats are the official data from shares count.

Yeah I read this which I assume you’ve seen

I wonder if that silver squeeze will ever squoze too.

Only about 40 years waiting for that. :sweat_smile:

That is different case, I believe because the short position are not controlled by apes. In the AMC case the apes control 80% of the float based on the official share count. Also the number of naked shorting, PFOF activities going on in the dark pool is unprecedented.

In the case of VW, it is Porsche and German government that working together diamondhand the shares until he short squeeze had happened.

But I agree anything could happen it could be that short squeeze will never happen. In my case I am ready for it as the AMC has improved its financial performance, so still good to hold it although not at the current share price.

@adindas, out of interest, I presume you are just waiting for your bog standard squeeze here, and not some galactic gamma squeeze?

Because I don’t think the latter can happen as that involves the short interest being over 100%, right?

Indeed I am waiting for short squeeze when there is a margin call and the hedgies will have to cover their short positions, not a gamma squeeze which coud happen many times accindentally.

When there is a gamma squeeze I will sell part of it and buy back again on the dip.

But that is only about 5% of my investing so I am fine with llosing it.

I think thats the key thing when it turns into a risky gamble not to have too much of your portfolio at risk. Even better when you’ve taken your original investment out and letting profits ride.

Then it stays fun, rather than going underwater and panicking. :sweat_smile: Just more or less profit.