How much have you invested?

If you and others can comfortably fill your 20k isa every year then good on you, it should bring you all great things in the future for sacrificing a small amount of your present. I canā€™t repeat this enough although most of my friends and family just think Iā€™m tight with money, but guess who the first person is they come to when they want some money?

1 Like

Is this just for friends and family or can I ask too ? :rofl: :wink:

1 Like

Those of us without a flexible ISA would also see a short term benefit from a higher limit in having some more leeway to withdraw and redeposit funds, even though its not the ideal way to use the allowance. :man_shrugging:

I wish my problem was filling ISA, oh wait we donā€™t have one in Cro. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

As with them you can askā€¦

Being able to withdraw and redeposit is a tax nightmare

What are your taxes like though? You must have something

Everything is taxed, they cancelled minimum non taxable capital gains some years ago.

So 1$ profit or 1$ dividend -(15% capital tax + local tax).

We have huge incentives to invest you know. :moneybag: :partying_face:

See people the UK tax system isnā€™t that bad after allšŸ¤‘

Geez the only way Iā€™d fill my ISA allowance is if the goverment didnā€™t take 20k away from me yearly.

Iā€™m pretty frugle and a good earner (depending on your definition) and for me too half fit would be an achievement.

:open_mouth:

good thing you found the loophole in the system then by buying high and selling low :smiley:

2 Likes

If your earning 70k a year and managing to spend over 30k of your after tax salary leaving you with less than 20k im afraid to tell you thereā€™s some work left for you to do to be frugle

I love your insights.

I donā€™t earn 70 either, I am unfortunately the beneficiary of a company car that I get taxed heavily for.

But to your point, I am frugle with my money :ok_hand:

Then get a an ev! Why pay tax for a company vehicle, being frugle is never paying for anything that you donā€™t need to, trust me Iā€™m not being harsh Iā€™m trying to be nice.
I spent 10 years driving my company van so I wouldnā€™t have to pay bik

Itā€™s actually not a nightmare solely because the contents arenā€™t taxed and what you put back in is considered as post-income-tax funds. So itā€™s like a non-event you donā€™t declare, since the ISA deposit doesnā€™t cause a tax relief like a pension does. Flexible ISA allow this to not effect your limit, but since we donā€™t have flexibility with S&S ISA here, a higher cap acts as buffer. :man_shrugging:

Youā€™re right, youā€™re not being harsh. Just not considered all the facts before commenting maybe?

My company has an archaic car policy. We do not have a van or EV option right now and have a strict list to pick from.

Iā€™ve got it for another year and if there is no change then it will be one of a number of reasons for me too move on.

Then yes, I will consider an EV and go to a company with a car allowance opposed to get
Taxed a value which is considerably higher than someone would actually pay foe the car.

To be fair you said the taxman was taking 20k a year off of you, I wasnā€™t assuming they took 20k off of you

Will consider! :coffee:

1 Like

It is the taxmanā€¦

It changes your tax free allowance

Yes I know that but you said I was kind of assuming, can you not get your own car and rent the mileage back to the company? At least this would give you back the control.