How much have you invested?

Is not everything we do a gamble then? There is no 100% certainty to anything we do, nothing. Eating, might choke. Breathing, might just stop suddenly. Go to work, crash instead.

I wouldnā€™t call any of these activities a ā€œgambleā€.

1 Like

Iā€™m past caring at this stage. :rofl:

Well there is one certainty ā€¦ Iā€™m not going to win any discussion in here :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

No worries bro. I thought that last sentence was going to be much darker than it was haha.

3 Likes

I think people were getting a bit too caught up on the wording of ā€œgambleā€.
Itā€™s like that word strikes fear into everyone, like itā€™s a bad topic that should be shunned in forums like this. All I was getting at, was there is definite outcomes of uncertainty in trading stocks - and that element of it, is essentially a gamble whether it pays off or doesnā€™t. If you can actively increase your edge, be it TA / Macro approach / MMT / whatever - then your reducing the overall risk; ie: gamble of the trade.

Some ppl just jump straight in saying ā€œwell itā€™s always gone up, so it always willā€. And it might, but I think that mindset isnā€™t so much as investing, but more on the side of gambling.

100% disclosure though, I may be wrong and if I am - it wouldnā€™t be the first time :smiley:

1 Like

From humble beginnings, I have now created a topic that has nearly 300 replies. I mean itā€™s gone completely off track, but here I am, the conversation starting kingā€¦

7 Likes

It is because I have the attention span of a golden retriever, show me a tennis ball and I forget everything. I am the master of getting sidetracted!

3 Likes

With the football grounds closed iā€™ve put around 1. 8k in for buying shares, far more than i first envisioned, but with me away from the pubs as well then my measly wages have helped but the 6% return (- future tax on sale) is better than any savings account. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What did you buy for that 6% return?

thankfully the rough poll I made around post12 has gotten more responses, due to the anonymous and vague nature of the slices :stuck_out_tongue:

sums up nicely how many people have been able to put aside funds for their future despite the ongoing madness in the world at large.

If I assume the last band is 150K-300K based on our small sample size average investment size is = 21577 :slight_smile:

Started this year in 212 and subscribed the whole ISA amount as of now and return is 50%

7 Likes

Thats a killing mate. Very Impressive.

Good timing on CIIC - was that before or after the rumours?

Loaded after the merger confirmation

1 Like

Loaded 200 and sold 150 and keeping the rest for long term :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Great stuff, good effort.

1 Like

So, 1 month later and this happens. We may or may not need to thank the FED.

11 Likes

solid. any tesla in there by any chance? curious how many people saw solid returns from just a few positions compared to overall :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, you got me.

Pie

2 Likes

So it went up from 38.9k to 64.43k?