Hydrogen stocks

I am following hydrogen stocks for some months. ITM Power looks like one of the most stable in my portfolio. Went a bit down during Covid-19 sell off, but almost recovered to previous price. Guess we will see a 52W high in a few weeks from now.

Since hydrogen is seen as a clean renewable replacement for fossil fuels some other noteworthy stocks are:

BLDP - Ballard Power
FCEL - FuelCell Energy
PLUG - Plug Power
NEL - Nel ASA (not yet tradable on T212)

There are some others, but they don’t perform that good right now.

6 Likes

Nikola Motor (VTIQ) taking off today. 20% up at this moment to 17.95. Going to be big this stock. Next two years are filled with orders for hundreds of hydrogen trucks.

3 Likes

@chantal What do you think for ITM Power now? It keeps rising but I am not sure whether it is too overvalued (not due to the stock price but the recent rise, e.g. 83% in one month).

I already had stocks from couple of renewable companies, added some ITM stocks to my portfolio with some cautious last week (thanks to your post it got my attention). It is still rising despite small fluctuations.

I usually believe in new technologies and advancements, I also think that renewable energy sources including hydrogen have big potential. So, my cautiousness is not about the company’s (or in general this field’s) future but rather its valuation.

Apparently I am not very sure about this stock :smiley: I am interested in what others think about it.

Hydrogen is the future. So you can get it in now extra cheap. I also own VTIQ, FCEL, CWR and ACF. PLUG and BLDP closed positions. ITM is working together with Shell in multiple countries. Good sign if you ask me. FCEL is working together with ExxonMobile in the US and The Netherlands (Port of Rotterdam)

2 Likes

Forgot to mention NEL. They will build 400+ refuelling stations in the US for Nikola.

Looks like NEL ASA is available now on T212. Indeed a very interesting paper. Thanks a bunch for this thread.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into these in detail. It is indeed a good sign that ITM cooperate with Shell and apparently Linde has some minority holding.

Adding a US based/focused company into my holdings might be nice to increase geographical exposure, but I guess Europe would be ahead of US to widely accept and use hydrogen power.

You dont need to pay for a preserve. If I wish I can just go to their website and say I want 50k trucks and they will count it as a reserve… Be careful with these practices.

ITM is working with Linde now too.
Ceres working with Bosch

There’s some great moves in the sector. If only it wasn’t so dangerous to store and transport.

An interesting one that a friend brought to my attention is Powerhouse Energy - PHE. Essentially, they have a new technology that converts waste plastic into syngas from which they can extract hydrogen either for producing electricity or fuel cells.

It really appeals to my desire to invest in green technology (cleaner energy & better disposal of plastic waste - win win). UK company too.

Why did you close your positions in PLUG and BLDP?

Nice watchlist of Hydro related stocks now. Might make my own little Hydro ETF when autoinvest comes out.

2 Likes

I was thinking about the same. I added extra to your list also BE and AFC for AutoInvest.

IMO PLUG hasn’t a big impact. You see it in the SP. Had a small position in BLDP, but I expect the same. Not a huge impact. Companies who produce electrolysers have the most potential. Nel, ITM, FCEL.

What do you mean by “SP”?

Well with ITM down 20 this morning, now’s the time to invest :wink:

What do you think about Nel Hydrogen? Just bought some and thinking to buy more.

SP = Stock Price. Sorry using a lot of those acronyms :slight_smile:

Do you mean Beiersdorf? (BE)
What do they do Hydrogen-related?

BE = Bloom Energy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have also grabbed some Nel shares - I’m thinking that once the infrastructure grows this company should too.

1 Like