I need help with my portfolio

So tell me, what is then appropriate feedback, to provide help?

Someone should link his portfolio? Provide invested amounts?

You cannot say what is best strategy, because there is not a single one.

On average it was shown that investing in ETF will outperform average investors. But who is to say OP has intentions to be average investor.

There is not a Strategy A is right for Person B.

Actually it can be proved and there are tons of papers that shows what king of investment did better for long term, short term, low or high risky etc.

Will it continue to work for more few decades?
itā€™s up to each of us to bet our money against or in favour :wink:

I can give you a simple example:
Dividend portfolios rarely beats the S&P 500, but guess what you find most everywhere on blogs/youtube/reddit/etc?

The gentleman sent in his portfolio for the world to see asking for some advice.
If thereā€™s stocks there that are high risk or bad eggs then maybe those should be mentioned to him from those more savvy investors with Hundreds/thousands of shares In their own portfolio.
There are investors out there that know whatā€™s a good solution but I think the only way to get answers is to pay for it by joining a trusted Patreon.
Like I said he was only asking advice and I felt he got nothing back other than just put it in S&P 500.
Just my take on the comments
I am a newbie so I canā€™t provide the answers but I just wanted to say what I say because I feel he got very little positivity out of it.
Maybe Iā€™m wrong but weā€™re all here to make money not loose it

Well, telling someone his picks are good/bad is 2d metric really. While stocks are more 3d, where time which is 3rd factor is most important.

Obviously there is not a simple task to go through list of 30+ companies and give a simple good/bad answer.

The easier solution is to ask OP, if he is new, and why he pick those stocks. Most first time investors, donā€™t have much idea on valuations, they pick the stocks they are most familiar with. With that in mind it doesnā€™t necessarily mean any pick is bad, valuation might be high, but still if OP has 20+ years, most of the names will have good returns.

I am not sure why people would expect someone to tell you what are the best companies to invest when this is purely subjective topic.

Nor is the OP in level of investment where it is good for his development to go into to much details.

Best advice imho is always start with ETF , put money regularly, while getting educated about the subject. If your intention is to actively manage the portfolio. If not, then pick ETFs and autoinvest.

Ps I donā€™t see anyone here claiming to be expert on the subject. Most folks are actively learning and helping via community. If trying to help seems like acting expert well, what is the point of community, who is supposed to provide this feedback? Apart from @kali @Richard.W I am not sure if there are many with 10+ years in investing to have ā€œlegitimateā€ expertise.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m new to all this, I am enjoying it so far, it is interesting and fun. Iā€™ve asked lots of questions on here, some may sound a bit dumb but so far everyone on here has been great.
Some have spent nearly an hour explaining with screenshots etc and also Iā€™ve not seen it where a newbie has been ridiculed or put down.
Itā€™s one of the best forums Iā€™ve been on and Iā€™ve been on plenty about other subjects.

With just this comment Iā€™d say youā€™re better than youā€™d think.

I have a lot of experience in investing(does not mean I am good) I saw this thread on the very first post but like yourself I cannot provide the answers as well so I decided not to reply. This has nothing to do with patreon etc. Youā€™ll see a lot of people in this kind of forums thatā€™ll scream at you and tell to go buy Tesla or Crispr because it is the future (despite not having a lot more experience than yourself)

I did post what I am buying in this forum multiple times but I donā€™t advocate blindly following this. What it can do for you is, lets say if you are looking for some diversification in healthcare, youā€™d see I am quite heavy in NVTA and go look into it.

Unfortunately the expected answer for these kind of question is usually is add X sell Y and youā€™ll be rich in this amount of time. I have replied to multiple similar topics in the past and told IF they want to buy something now, invest in some generic ETFs and may be a gold ETC while educating themselves. Do some research and expand your portfolio one at a time. There are 30+ shares in the portfolio in the screenshots. Creating that shouldā€™ve take weeks if not months.

Apologies for stressing the self training point again but this is the best advice I can give. 5-6 great books will cost something like Ā£100 utterly worth it if you are going to invest 5-10-100K in the future.

1 Like

Donā€™t listen to all the crapā€¦do what you want to do its your moneyā€¦i have 63 companies and iā€™m happy and sleep at night

Thanks for that, another question tho ā€¦ what would you do with stocks now another lockdown is coming?

Hold and save some cash each month in case it drops for buying. If you sold now sods law is vaccine/election/economy news would come in and then it would jump up again with you exited.