Improving the Pending Orders experience

Iā€™m sure weā€™ve all been there, placed a limit order only to be stuck on ā€˜Processingā€™ with that spinning circle going round for what feels like infinity. :grimacing: :worried: :exploding_head: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Will it take 1m, will it take 30mins, will it take 5hrs before it gets placed?

If the price changes and you want to cancel, its a case of peer at your phone every few minutes hoping to catch it in time to cancel before it gets executed.

This is not ideal. Nobodyā€™s got time for that.

Firstly, it would be great if T212 could monitor the current average time to get a rough estimate on liquidity.

Secondly, why not have a button to press that says ā€˜Cancel once placedā€™. This way the split second T212 get the message back from IB they can send the cancel request. They could even have an overlay with ā€˜No guarantee itā€™ll be cancelled before execution, but weā€™ll try our bestā€™. With a ā€˜I understandā€™ button to proceed.

Thirdly, if a limit order on a stock gets executed at the set auction times ( SETSqx 8am, 9am, 11am , 2pm and 4:35pm) then please display that. (Then you can take the decision do I try my luck with a market order or hope the price is around that in what could be a couple hours time)

Anyway back to peering at my phone the rest of today waiting to catch that cancel button, :pray: please be soon, Iā€™ve got stuff to do.

Edit: 1hr laterā€¦ :sweat:

2 Likes