ISA Unavailable Stocks notification

Thereā€™s various approaches T212 could take to remedy this error. Itā€™s up to them to detail to you. Iā€™d suspect you can keep the profits (if any) ā€¦ but the ISA ā€˜subscriptionā€™ value should be amended so not to include the purchase(s) of these invalid stocks. But, like I said, Iā€™d say itā€™s for T212 to describeā€¦ so you have clarity rather than my assumptions

Thanks @Finki ā€“ apologies for speculating on what you were saying (I should probably just have asked). Iā€™m hoping for some clarity on the question of whether the listed securities are the only ones that have to be sold.

SEA is not even in the list

Any manual closure means positions in red will be closed. I am not getting any answers from any one from T212 on chat or email on the losses. Phone lines are going unanswered

JMIA is not even a chinese stock so I fail to understand how does it make this list of barred chinese stocks

I can probably help with this bit.

I believe the issue is not that the stocks in question are Chinese. Itā€™s that they are not listed on an exchange recognised by HMRC (whether they are from China, Africa, Swaziland, wherever).

I had previously thought that SEA did not trade on an exchange recognised by HMRC and would therefore have to be sold. It seems I was mistaken in this, but Iā€™d like confirmation.

1 Like

absolutelyā€¦ seems ridiculous to give 24 hours notice.

i donā€™t understand why you cannot transfer the holding from an ISA to the standard invest account.

how do you find with or without an API what the underlying security for a listing is? I spent ages to figure out what NYSE:SEā€™s underlying asset is. Can you point us to your secret source? :slight_smile:

I would ā€œassumeā€ they are the only stocks with a live shareholding greater than zero held within an ISA that shouldnā€™t beā€¦but canā€™t guanteeā€¦ Iā€™m running some maths over the T212 universe and I can see some that I donā€™t think should be ISAā€™compliant that are not on that list. But that, of course, doesnā€™t mean any client has a holding of those stocks within an ISAā€¦ but T212 ā€œcatergorisationā€ of the stock looks wrong and could allow clients in to invest into an ISA.

So, to directly answer your question : No, I think there are more stocksā€¦ but that might not affect youā€¦ depends what you holdā€¦ Iā€™ll blast out a list of questionable stocks when I have themā€¦ but the deep-dive API calls take a while to thoroughly scan all parameters and return a resultā€¦ on over 3000+ T212 stocks!!!

Wish me luckā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks @Finki. Yeah I looked on the 212 homepage and expected more.

oops @David may be you should close these aforementioned stocks for trading in ISA? Just noticed my ā€œpieā€ bought TSM today, may be 2 hours agoā€¦

Not impressed with the time frame to act but suspect this has been forced on 212 by HMRC to rectify the error asap as it will have tax implications for us users.

From my view point I have sold from ISA, transferred funds via the app to normal acc and re purchased.

2 Likes

Exactly the problem with SEA. Most other ADRs you can eventually compute their underlying/parent and map that back to an exchange and overlay the other ISA eligibility criteriaā€¦ with SEA you canā€™tā€¦ It doesnā€™t appear t have a parent?? How?? Miraculous conception? Yet, as you say, youā€™ve lookedā€¦ so have Iā€¦ am I am not 100% either ā€¦ so, by that logic and on a risk-weighted basis I would have to say SEA is a ā€œnoā€ from an ISA point of view. Itā€™s just too risky until other data comes to lightā€¦

oh I have no doubts its a no for SEA. There is no underlying asset. JP Morgan Singapore is the underwriter and owner of said proportion of the company and they are selling the ADRs in NYSE.

My question was more for the ā€œothersā€ above, that you implied somehow you managed to automate? I was curious about how that is possible.

Vast amounts of data, years of messing about, a nerdy mindset, a little magic, a whisk and a lot of wine. Stir. Wait. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

First hack of a small portion of the T212 ISA universe via the magic FinKi-ISA-Eligibility-Checker-Thingy-Machine says T212 might want to look at the ISA Eligibility of the following (on top of the 17 that I agree with)

PTNR - US70211M1099

VNET - US90138A1034

First results says PTNRā€™s parent is listed in Israelā€¦so not recognised and VNET is one of those magic ADRs not actually spun out of a parent an therefore can not be tracked back to a listed underlying. So has to be a ā€œnoā€. There could legitimately not holdings in these stocks - so not on that list of 17ā€¦ but they need to flick the category from ā€œNASDAQā€ to ā€œNON-ISA NASDAQā€ like the other ineligible holdings.

1 Like

Iā€™ve received no such notice via the app or the web app and I have thousands of pounds invested in NIO. This is absolutely outrageous.

2 Likes

@Snakehips, do you have the NIO shares within an ISA?

@EquityInvestor Mine are all in the ISA account, yep.

1 Like

Why are there no statements (unless Iā€™ve missed them) from T212 on this!? There is literally 2 hours left for us to do anything with this if in our ISA accounts.

Do we face losing all of our gains? Is it closed at the opening price tomorrow for us? Do we have to take action our end if we close the positions ourselves before then?

1 Like