New pie rebalancing question please

Hi,
I would like to create a new pie with 5 shares I currently own, and set up future monthly investments of 30% to the first 3 shares and 5% into the remaining 2.
As it stands currently however the percentages of the shares are far from that .

My question please is can the pie be created so only future investments in it use the investment percentage ratios i require?
A nightmare for me would be if the pie had to rebalance because as it stands all 5 shares are well down on the prices at which I bought them, so rebalancing would create a big loss if any needed to be sold to do the rebalancing

Many thanks
HL

Let me see if I get this right :thinking:

Youā€™re suggesting a feature that allows you to rebalance only slices of your choice? e.g. you have XYZ slices but prefer to use the rebalance function only for the X and Y slices and leave slice Z without Buying/Selling any shares of it

Hi @Hampshire101 ,
As far as I know,

You can create your pie with the 5 shares you own, then you can set up the auto invest with % you want. In your case, if you invest 100Ā£, will go 30 for the first 3 shares and 5 for the last 2.

Hi @Bogi.H
No not as such.
I currently own shares A, B, C, D and E all with differing amounts invested.
I would like them put in a pie so any ā€˜futureā€™ investments will be shared out to them in my preferred % ratios.
If i was to change them all now to those % ratios I would lose a lot of money during rebalancing as they are all currently well down on the price i paid for them.
If this cant be done then I will continue to invest manually, its just that the pie option would save a lot of time and hassle each month for me

Setting up the target % will not change the current allocation, but will define how future payments made to the pie are allocated (via deposit or dividends).

Only manually pressing the ā€œRebalanceā€ button, and confirming the list of transactions offered will initiate buys and sell to get back to target.

If you donā€™t Rebalance, you get the effect you are looking for (% target) without triggering any transaction.

1 Like

Thankyou @Zergui appreciate the reply from you :slight_smile:

1 Like

On point :point_down:

Otherwise, @Hampshire101, Iā€™ll pass on the feedback for having a Custom AutoInvest/Self-balancing option and let you know if such a feature is in the works.

3 Likes

as far as i know you cant put existing stocks into a pie ā€¦ so you can set your strategy into a new pie and keep your existing stock as is in your portfolio

You can Ollie. Have a search of the help section

Trading 212.

2 Likes

Hello, can you automatically rebalance a pie just by buying shares that underweight, and not by selling shares that are overweight? I donā€™t want to sell because selling is a taxable event.

Currently, there isnā€™t an option to rebalance by only automatically purchasing underweight shares. The rebalancing algorithm is designed to sell overweight investments and buy more underweight investments to equalize each sliceā€™s actual and target values.

1 Like

The solution would be to invest more funds but use the ā€œSelf-Balancingā€ option:

This will automatically distribute the funds into the pieā€™s underweight assets only (buying more and not selling anything).