Now the RBLX ticker is visible, is it possible to set a limit order?

It is not trading yet so prices are still a guide based on what is going on in background between company and exchange itself. Working out what supply and demand may be before going live.

despite being direct listing why can’t we still buy roblox? :thinking: 65 to 70 now

remember pltr? it was also direct listing, it traded at 9 or 10 right away

1 Like

Because the trading hasn’t started yet.

Noted, I apologize, Roblox is indeed a Direct Listing. As with previous direct listings, the company won’t issue new shares at a set price.

The orders with the company will be accepted and filled once it begins trading publicly. In case of DL or IPO, this is usually 2-3 hours after the opening of the session. This is normal in such types of events.

2 Likes

I’ve placed a market order when the price changed again but this time the market order hasn’t been automatically rejected like all the others. Is it safe to say I can close the App and expect it to fulfil when ready (is it queued) or is that order just glitched :thinking:

2 Likes

Nothing has gone through to me and I can see it trading now. Anyone managed to open a position on 212 ?

not accepting orders for roblox right now

I’ve been trying. Looks like other brokers are trading it don’t know why not able to on T212 :man_shrugging:

Our execution intermediary is not accepting orders for the instrument at the moment. We have raised the issue with them.

4 Likes

Yup looks like we might be late to the party on this one, others on different brokers are reporting opening a position.

1 Like

I put a limit order on in the first few minutes and it has been processing since then… Idk if it’s gone though or not so I’m sitting here in limbo. Thanks T212. I just wanted to grab a quick bite of the obvious 10% this meme was going to do on open and get out.

Thanks for at least updating us, even if the news is disappointing.

Not available for trading on IB yet.

1 Like

This feels like they (IBKR) didn’t want to allow the stock to be pumped, disallowing genuine investors the chance to get in at open? Or am I being too cynical?

4 Likes

Cheers @Rumen and good job getting a clear message on the app as soon as the issue was identified.

Ah IBKR… if you guys aren’t looking at removing the intermediary, in the same vein as FT, you really should start giving it some serious consideration.

6 Likes

No, if anything you’re not being cynical enough. They want it to be pumped, but they want to happen more slowly. Plus they want people using free trading platforms like this to change over to other platforms. Those using 212 will now be forced to get in late or not at all. Those who get late will just be giving profit to those who got in early.

I really wish T212 finds a way to get away from IBKR. This is such a high profile stock you would never expect any broker to fall over like this on release day :confused:
In fact it seems so unlikely that it really does give the impression that IBKR is doing their own manipulation again.

This has happened so many times against T212 over the past few months now…

2 Likes

I don’t know who are *they *but it is not available on IB for anybody. Too much conspiracy theory.

Sure we’re just simple investors so we obviously have no clue whats really going on behind the scenes. However some recent IBKR problems were in fact deliberate.
GME is a good example when they restricted trading it for the first time. The IBKR CEO went on live TV and admitted to the manipulation

1 Like

I’ve noticed Roblox has DPO’d today however it says that your intermediary won’t accept any trades. Can you tell us if trading restrictions will be lifted before close or will we have to purchase shares from other providers ?

2 Likes