Order execution could be delayed [14th of December 2020]

Last-minute update IB:

Services are slowly coming back online.

We can also see from our end that some of the orders are getting executed now. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Got some orders through! Thanks for the communication! very much appreciated

1 Like

Seems to be working fine now.

Understand T212 must be as frustrated as us, but IB need to sort out their act. It seems every time the US market opens they go down.

Fintech should be second only to nuclear power stations for critical IT infrastructure reliability and redundancy. .

i’m not trolling but this advisory was sent out when it wasn’t actually needed :stuck_out_tongue: everything went through, in fact quicker that it usually does in 95% of my orders.

nevertheless, before someone calls me out for trolling, a step in the right direction :clap: keep improving the timeliness of your comms!!

1 Like

It’s true there was minimal impact, hindsight is a wonderful thing, if we could predict events we’d all be very rich. :sweat_smile:

Better they gave a heads up to explain the issue, and let customers take the decision to proceed, rather than say nothing and potentially it all goes tits up and face a rath of angry customers pointing fingers at them.

IB really need to sort their shit out though, it’s not like they are a small broker, one of the biggest in the world so they really should be on it.

1 Like

Yesterday, Bloomberg reported the Interactive Brokers (and Robinhood) outage problems:

Outages at Interactive Brokers, Robinhood Leave Stock Traders Furious

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-07/interactive-brokers-users-report-problems-with-trading-platform

At least IB apologized to their clients…

What third-company is Interactive Brokers referring to (according to IB, the origin of the outage)? :wink:

Interactive Brokers Group Inc. apologized to clients in a letter Monday evening, after an outage left some users unable to trade for hours while markets were open.

The brokerage said its issues, which drew fury from customers, stemmed from a “high availability” data system provided by another company, which it didn’t name.

Is this problem now resolved? Can’t afford to have this for IPO launches this week

Shows OK in IBKR platform

It was resolved in about 30-40 after the platform message which you have received in your Trading 212 account.

3 Likes

Hi, I have pending buy orders on HCMC that aren’t being executed. Is this because of the delays or is there a different issue?
Thanks.

Sorry, maybe you have an insight on it, Is this possibly happening again at the moment?

Thanks again,

Andre

@trr10 @Dre9 It’s an extremely illiquid stock (10.5M market cap). Orders might take quite a while to fill.