Order rejected repeatedly

Does anyone know why my orders keep getting rejected for some stocks. Trying to put a limit but in and immediately it gets rejected. I have enough fundsā€¦

This happened with anyone else?

1 Like

Yes Iā€™m getting it on AIM stocks.

Having to fall back to market orders which isnā€™t great.

@David are the team aware of this? Iā€™ve tried explaining on chat but fobbed off as a liquidity issue for limit orders.

1 Like

So strange. Missing out on buying a the bottom. Been happening all day.
I do notice that it accepts certain numbers. So if you put a limit order of say 119.87, it gets rejected, 119.85 works.

1 Like

Yes same experience, I found what happend is I would type 2.5 as a limit order, it would get placed for about 2-3 seconds and then the system would cancel my order. (Like as if I had clicked the X)

Tried about five times same result. Try entering 2.4 and it doesnt get cancelled by the system.

If I then clicked on that 2.4 and adjusted to 2.5 it then got deleted by the system after a couple of seconds.

Also Iā€™ve noticed the transaction has changed from saying cancelled (by the system) to just rejected.

The top one being a market buy. Which took ridiculously long to execute and I know the liquidity is fine (normally takes seconds and I can see the trades going through)

Hopefully @David @Martin @PeterA @Tony.V can report it because itā€™s not normal, Iā€™ve tried multiple times via chat and fobbed off everytime which isnā€™t great customer feeling when you know it doesnā€™t normally do that.

Edit in fact can you take a look at that @David that market buy went over the counter almost an hour after I placed it.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also is it coincidence that I can see this 700 trade at the same time? Surely OTC wouldnā€™t show up as they are internal?

You can see how many trades happened between placed and when it was executed. It this case lost out on the 2.57 ask, and someone on T212 managed to get a 2.58 sell which would have been good for them considering the bid is 2.44!

@David

Hi, Iā€™m getting a similar problem, also market orders and limits orders are trying to go through at a different price

@Karena The company in question (Oakley Capital Investments) is traded within a segment that IB does not support.

You also mentioned that ā€˜market orders and limits orders are trying to go through at a different priceā€™. Would you be able to send me a personal message with the order IDs you are referring to? As far as market orders are concerned - there is no guarantee of what price you will get since the feed is indicative. You will be filled at the best available price at the moment (having in mind all trading venues offering the instrument that IB supports). However, a limit order cannot be executed to the clientā€™s disadvantage due to the orderā€™s nature.

Just in case someone else finds this thread, one thing that I found seemed to cause my limit orders to be rejected, was that I was trying to put an order through to too many decimal places. E.g. I was trying 75.75p and it was rejected, when I tried 75.7p it was accepted. I tested this a few times and always got the same result.

Ask @Rumen he can adjust this. It will be due to the price change going into a new threshold .