Order Stuck in "Processing"

Iā€™ve had an order thatā€™s been stuck in ā€œProcessingā€ for 1hr20 now. I canā€™t cancel or update it because the record is greyed out/disabled in Pending Orders.

PHE:LSE

It appears to be ā€œunstuckā€ now. It would be interesting to hear why it was stuck for so long though.

Google Setsqx

Thatā€™s your issue.

Okayā€¦ but Iā€™m not sure that that makes sense? I donā€™t fully understand it but from what I gatherā€¦ that it means buy/sell orders are processed by the exchange in intervals/at certain times of day?

If that is the case, it doesnā€™t make sense that T212 had the order in their ā€œProcessingā€ state. If they had submitted it to the exchange then I would have been able to cancel it.

No you donā€™t understand then.

Low liquidity stocks such as yours essentially have the numbers grouped together and processed together to heighten the chances of having a buyer and a seller in the deal (thus the trade doesnā€™t fail).

These ā€˜auctionsā€™ only happen at set times of the day, but the minute you press submit T212 submit it to the book - it cannot be taken away as it is now grouped and ready to be executed when possible.

2 Likes

Hmm okay, thanks for explaining

So 15minutes or so after my first order was finished ā€œprocessingā€ I placed a second order; that one was processed right away and filled no more than a minute later.

The only apparent difference was the first was a limit order and the second was a market order. Would SETSQX account for that?

Probably. They auction at 8am, 9am, 11am and 2pm (iirc).

A limit order is pretty unlikely to ever execute on a SETSqx auction imo, to illiquid unless thereā€™s a great RNS released causing a sudden increase in liquidity.