PIE creation with UK + USA stocks

I’m trying to create my PIE, can I not has USA and UK stocks together?
Should they have to be in same currency? where can I find limitations if there are any.
Cheers

The only limitations I am aware of is max securities per pie is 50. (Planned to be increased in future??)

Also you can only add fractional securities to the pie.

2 Likes

Surely, PIE could be made to handle non-fractional shares, instead of exact weightage can use some thing rounded?
Is that in future plan?

I think the reason for not handling non-fractional shares is because you have to use the value-based amount to buy shares. It is a feature I am waiting for if they decide to introduce, and probably will be the path to handle non-fractional shares as you can directly buy 1 o more shares.

The future plan is to make all shares fractional, so it won’t be a problem soon

1 Like

Personally I don’t want to have fractional, it is not difficult to design pie to support non-fractional

Something I just cooked up

Ofcourse it doesn’t consider things like currency etc.

The idea of the pie is to help creating a portfolio by disributing any amount of money, however small, between different stock. If you add a non-fractional share to a pie, the minimum you will need to invest every time will be very high (depending on the non-fractional share price), which makes the whole concept useless

The concept is not new, and it doesn’t make it useless.
https://smallcase.zerodha.com/ it was done without fractional shares.

Frankly, no point bickering over what is/isn’t feasible.

If you want some feature to be added there is section for it on community. #Feature-suggestions-ideas

Original question was answered.

1 Like