PIE dividend reinvesting

Hello

Id like to share a new feature which could be usefull, at least for me. It would be nice to have an option to chose how dividends would be reinvested. Nowadays the cash is reinvested by % target into each stock. However when we want to invest cash into a pie we can choose 1 of 3 options:

1. investing by % target,
  2. custom - you choose which stocks you want to invest in
    and
  3. self balancing - the script skips the overvalued stocks (those with huge gains) and invest into stocks which are undervalued (becuase of huge loses in price or we didnt invest into it so far).

Therefore i propose the 2nd option for dividend reinvestment:

Self balancing - the script would reinvest cash into stocks which are undervalued in our PIE if portoflio is in balance it would invest accordingly to % target.

This option would be wonderful for longterm investors. This would be even better than DRIP option avaible on other platforms. As all you have to do is to invest at the start and then sit tight and watch your portoflio grow month by month, week by week, day by day. :slight_smile:

:brick: by :brick: :smiley:

I wish you all huge gains :slight_smile:
cheers

3 Likes

Hey. :wave:

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll evaluate the possibility to have such an option when using DRIP. As usual, we’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

any update on this ? @Bogi.H

@Zizka, I’m still unable to share ETA or confirm the implementation of one of the options. However, a workaround allows you to invest cash in а stock of your choice. To do so, you can:

1. Turn off the DRIP option, so the cash from your dividends will go to your free funds.
  2. Once you collect a certain amount, you can invest it manually in the preferred instrument (pie slice) through the ‘Custom’ method.