Pies - Import / Export investments

Hi I have the latest version but if I go to the pie section I don’t get the option to add current holdings, any suggestions?.

Maybe because those holdings are not available in fractional yet? :slight_smile:

All sorted thanks, not sure I want to hit the rebalance for all this movement at one go. How does the rebalance take place , as soon as the markets open it’s a free for all?.

Mmmm I have 23 holdings but only 19 showing up in the pie, any suggestions how to get the other 4 uploaded to the pie?.

So the 4 missing are non fractional shares, when will this be changed please?.

@George Can we please have the ability to sort by the metrics in the new web app like below ?

2 Likes

Yes, we’ll be adding this soon.

3 Likes

Any Idea when the Pies within pies feature will be available?

1 Like

Soon enough . . . Be patient, they work on a lot of new improvements - it needs some time you know :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi George,

I find adjusting % values for a large import into a pie to be tedious. Can the software not set the initial targets as part of the import process based on:

1. the current holdings

2. percentages for an equally weighted portfolio.

Ideally these options could be toggled depending on what was required - rebalance or add funds.

Exact matches cannot always be achieved due to rounding errors so specifying £ / $ amounts may be more natural alternative.

Every portfolio has cash as a position. Pies should allow CASH to be a position.

Good work, just needs a bit of tweaking.

3 Likes

Hi,

Why is it not possible to import small fractional shares into pies?

I have bought small amounts of some ETFs which are split out over 2 separate pies which when I go to Import them into my pies they are not recognised.

Unsure why this is not possible.

Cheers

Richard

If you get dividends paid into your pie will it automatically buy you more shares on that very day. Also is there a minimun limit (funds) that the pie won’t reinvest back into the stock, ie, if you only get a very small amount of dividends paid in, £1 or less.
Thanks

Any dividends you receive from a company inside of a pie will go into a ‘cash’ pot in that pie. The next time you auto-invest or add some funds manually it will include that dividend cash.
Anyone correct me if that’s wrong.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. So if i click the auto invest on then any dividends paid into that pie will then just purchase more shares, whether i have a pie of just one stock or many, it will just divide it between them all, one or ten! But is there a limit, by that i mean, example, if only 50p dividend is paid into my pie, will that then be enough to buy more stocks or is there a limit i need to spend, sorry if i sound daft, still learning…Thanks

i think your right many stocks have minimum amount to invest like minimum 0.01 or something like that. I would guess in that situation where you dont have enough to buy any shares it the dividends money would stay in the cash section of the pie until there is enough to buy more shares

Hi I’m Linda and I have my pie set up can you put bitcoin in the pie I’ve tried but have no luck linda

Ok, i think you’re right, cash will sit in the section until you have enough to buy.

Trading212 does not offer Bitcoin.

In this case you might look at Square (SQ) or MicroStrategy (MSTR), both companies have Bitcoin as their asset.

1 Like

Good to see import / export options on the web app. Not sure why I can’t access these features on android phone browser.

It would be good to see the import / export options available when creating a pie and the targets set automatically based on an equally weighted portfolio.

Also need an option to remove or add a slice and the targets adjust automatically without the need to fiddle with percentages.

I had some issues when adjusting position sizes in a pie with an equally weighted portfolio of 31 stocks. I wanted to go to 50% cash when markets were dropping, and later reallocated 20% free cash when markets recovered. Preview looked good with equal share of the funds being taken / added to each slice of the pie. but the end result was a mess. Some postions sizes varied by as much as £100. I have performed this type of pie adjustment before without issue.

Good work,

Ian

when this feature will be available?
thanks