Pies within Pies?

Hey guys. I saw some time ago that pies within pies are coming but is there a idea when they are here? Looking forward to this!

3 Likes

I havenā€™t seen anything. Maybe @George could provide you with more details but from what I remember, he said heā€™ll let us know when they start working on it so Iā€™m guessing at least another month :frowning:

3 Likes

@George has there been any further progress on this?

3 Likes

@George any update with a timeframe for the pie within a pie

3 Likes

I am also eagerly awaiting this functionality!!

2 Likes

Hi @George , any update on it? From what I can see it is a heavily requested feature, and it does make sense.

3 Likes

looks like this function will take some timeā€¦

1 Like

Another bump for this topic. Any progress @George ?

1 Like

With everything that has gone on with the whole market and trading 212 stopping trading on some stocks, I feel like adding pies within pies would really help boost the community spirit and get people excited about the app again. its a massive feature that people have been wanting for a long time.

8 Likes

I agree with the people above, why such a heavily requested feature is on hold for so long? At least give us an answer as to when we should expect it . . .

2 Likes

Honestly, their communication and transparency surrounding this and $COUV has finally got me to research their competitors like FreeTrade

I reckon theyā€™ve gotten comfortable since Robinhood withdrew from the UK/Europe market.

2 Likes

Well, if they got comfortable with this, this comfort might be short-lived, as you never know when people will start ā€œjumping shipā€ to an alternative in the near future.

Personally I find their lack of communication, and the promises that they never deliver very unprofessional, and I if this continues, I will seek out an alternativeā€¦

EDIT: For the person who tried to flag this comment, nice try :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck trying to find something better. 212 is the best aroundā€¦ atm. They need to improve comms, CFD product is uncompetitive and their speed of execution and resilience- all of which I know they are working on.

1 Like

Hi @George ,

Any update on this?

2 Likes

@Y.M Any idea of when pies within pies will be launched?

3 Likes

While Iā€™m sure you guys are busy, its worth pointing out this is a highly requested feature and we are now almost 1/2 way through 2021.

Do we have an update on this or has its priority dropped?

2 Likes

Itā€™s probably worth pointing out at this point that ALL the requested features so far have been highly requested. they only have so many teams for new developments, once one of them finishes we can look forward to the next update.

It is also probably worth pointing out, that maybe next time if they cannot deliver their promises, they should not give rough dates of releasing a feature, as they create expectations, and it is normal for people to complain.

1 Like

True, but if you are building something you have never done before, how can you gather a fair estimation of the time it may take?

Personally its a great idea, but how many ideas are out there, and which takes more priority?

The one thing I can say - is that 212 appear to be more involved with the community than other brokers out there, and that might be to their downfall. Especially if they are spending time on the forum answering duplicate queries, rather than development.

I get pies within pies would be a neat idea - to have a pie for each market or geographic sector, and rebalance that within your main pie over time.

Either way, the user has to do the analysis at the various levels as to what to put in each pie and that will probably still remain outside the app as everyone will have different parameters to follow that would become so complicated to include in the app. Ultimately you could have a spreadsheet with the weightings and spend a few minutes rebalancing a group of pies. There is an ā€˜offlineā€™ solution for this that would work in the interim. It may also help speed up development, if users shared more technical designs of how such systems/requests could work.

What to me would make sense, is to create a list of all the ā€˜requestsā€™ and in flight development, and have the community upvote what they see as priority.

212 could then analyse what may be ā€˜quick fixesā€™, and start to spend some time hopefully on the top priority items for users of the platform.

The down side to doing that and making it visible, then means competitor platforms could also see the full development cycle that 212 are potentially working on, and perhaps separate threads could be started for some, where users can provide feedback into the development. That might even help accelerate things from particular users.

Priority to me has to be:

1: Adding all the missing ETFā€™s/Stocks to the platform, and having a more automated feed to sweep any new stocks up that become available on Interactive Broker.
2: More funding/deposit options - I think some European users may be incurring additional costs.
3: Flexible ISA.

People might also disagree with me on this, but add a small fee of say 0.1% to ETFs capped at Ā£30 a year, and have someone dedicated to ensuring all ETFs are on the platform, and fractional. That way 212 should remain the cheapest platform to invest in ETFs, and have additional funding to help accelerate developments. Win/Win for everyone.

As a developer myself I can tell you that this (Time estimation) is not how it works, and if you are so inexperienced you either hire professionals, or you donā€™t give an estimate, so you can avoid displeased customers, it is simple as that.

I do not think that being involved with your customers will be your downfall, especially when that was one of your two original selling points, and since the ā€œFreeā€ part went out the window with some recent changes and charges, you might as well keep the ā€˜Involved with peopleā€™ or you are not who you were supposed to be anymore.

The list of request is common sense, and I am baffled as to why there is no such a thing.

The competitor argument is invalid for me, this practice of upvoting is out there for years, and many colossal companies do it without issues, in the end of the day no ideas are really original nowadays hence why so many similarities in every single thing (Movies, books, apps, etc).

An additional fee, or increase in the current fees while you offer such a poor service, would mean the ā€˜Downfallā€™, but I guess when it comes to the ā€˜poor serviceā€™ part, you get what you pay for.

5 Likes