Plaid integration for 3rd party apps

I know 212 uses TruLayer for the open banking integration, but Plaid entered the U.K. not too long ago and offers a whole different style of integration into lots of value adding services, like Commonstock.com or a whole host of portfolio trackers and other services.

Are there any plans integrating into Plaid, as that’ll open up a whole ecosystem of additional services that will benefit traders and investors alike.

Plaid connects to over 3k financial apps and 11k financial institutions.

9 Likes

That would be awesome, great idea.

I am currently developing a 3rd party application that would love to integrate UK stock brokers like trading 212 via Plaid.

They currently have almost every broker in America, and it works like a charm. However they don’t have any UK brokers at all.

So it looks like its a long way off.

I’ve written to Plaid about this, asking them how far off they think they are from cracking into the UK stock broker market.

But if we can make some noise here, maybe Trading212 will reach out to them

2 Likes

There is an EU version I think called Tink. Not sure if that helps?

Perhaps we should identify the best in breed and see what the interest is in that?

3 Likes

Wow first time I’ve heard of Tink - thats awesome I appreciate the link!

Unfortunately it looks like they are yet to support Investments integration for any UK institutions. And they don’t seem to have pure “brokers” - mainly banks at the minute.

https://docs.tink.com/market-capabilities/aggregation?market=GB

Very happy to see there is a competitive market though.

Perhaps we should identify the best in breed and see what the interest is in that?

From initial inspection it seems that Plaid is the best in breed, purely by looking at the number of institutions it supports globally. It has more EU institutions than even tink from what I can see.

However, just based on the fact that neither Tink nor Plaid provide access to users investments in the EU suggests that it must be more difficult to get around legislation for this in the EU.

I will keep looking into it,

1 Like

That would be awesome to have Plaid link possibility, as maintainig portfolio movements in any portfolio tracker is just pain in the … speaking about Ziggma or Seeking alpha, they both use Plaid. I even tried Interactive brokers as they could be supported with Plaid, but their platform is just terrible :smiley: