Please answers these polls šŸ˜‡

How many men will put stocks in Mattel hoping that Barbie makes a comeback and increase their value?

Cricket Chirps

But seriously, Lego and Mattel would be an interesting statistic between Males and Females perhaps based on the Toys.

1 Like

I would say the app is much more intuitive, as of right now before the update. Itā€™s focussed around trading so the many charts can look overwhelming to people. Phone is nice and clean, and with auto invest itā€™s easier than a broker

1 Like

Young 40ā€™ish here. Do love tech, not afraid to use it, itā€™s only going to get even more so. I agree, the app is much easier to navigate, use etc. Web page i donā€™t really use.
Iā€™ve seen a lot of videos, read a lot of info on the US M1 trading platform, charts, graphs, info etc looks really good. Now that looks like great! Do you think Trading212 could ever look like that with all the ability to monitor and update your portfolio at a later date?

4 Likes

Trading 212 seem to try imitate the best features of other brokers, and I love it. The website is being updated to closer replicate the app, as you can see here:

Another personal poll that would help me out. My Trading 212 themed thumbnails seems to get more views. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the Trading 212 content or if itā€™s the thumbnail itself, but are the Trading 212 thumbnails more clickable to you?

• Trading 212 theme
  • Colour Coding
  • Scrap the lot and make better ones (considering this if the Trading 212 theme wins)

0 voters

WOWā€¦I love it, it looks great. When might it be available in the new format?

Thanksā€¦canā€™t wait. Hopefully in a few more weeks iā€™ll have more of an idea of how iā€™m going to start investing seriouslyā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s why itā€™s so good having the demo platform for those that feel a bit fearful of losing money and pressing the wrong buttons - well they can play around and test it out, press away and feel rest assured itā€™s not real money.

Hit reset and try again.

Even just holding ETFā€™s for a few weeks and keep it simple with just the 1 they can watch how it moves and what it does thatā€™s surely going to boost confidence a bit?

Beauty of demo platform :raised_hands:t2: I was on it for AGES before I took the leap and now I look back and think gosh what was I worried about!

2 Likes

Another issue is without in specie transfers if you have a large pot, it costs A LOT of money to sell/FX/FX/buy

I also donā€™t like people talking about age :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I do like what you say, so helpfulā€¦

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Iā€™m still such a novice, learning as I go.

1 Like

Iā€™m 65+ have in the last couple of months invested in shares on Trading 212 and enjoying the learning experience. No problem with techie stuff :+1:

5 Likes

Iā€™m actually 14 but am using my mumā€™s account and paying her back for transactions :joy:

Sorry for leaving you out lol. Congrats though for starting so young, really mature of you to be such a long term thinker. If you ever need any help with anything hit me up on IG, and I also have a YouTube :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wondering your thoughts on investing in renewable energy stocks (e.g. Greencoat UK Wind), and when I looked at the income statements for Foresight Solar Fund for 2017-2019, the gross profits were positive in 2017 and 2018, but in 2019 it has suddenly gone negative to -Ā£10.28M, compared to positive Ā£56.44M in 2018. Is this something to be concerned about and potentially should I stop investing in Foresight Solar Fund because of this? To me it seems that a company should have consistently positive gross profit numbers (although Iā€™m not familiar with these sort of things) in order to be stable and sustainable.

I love renewable energy and think it has a great future, but Itā€™s not really well established, no company is really ā€œstableā€ in my opinion. Especially with returns, theyā€™re all over the place in the whole market, has a lot of political impact. I think the best think you can do is go for a broad index for green energy and it should do well over time if you believe that renewables will be on the rise. The one I have is INRG. I know it might not seem as exciting but in a sector like this itā€™s risky enough never mind trying to :cherries: pick the winning stocks. But thatā€™s just my two cents. Try not to add to much unnecessary risk, more risk doesnā€™t always mean more reward!

Iā€™ve got some of INRG as well! Thanks for giving your thoughts - I agree with that about the risk, although to me it seems like a lot of these renewable stocks like Greencoat UK Wind, Foresight Solar Fund, NESF and BSIF (I requested for those last two to be added), are only risky if the management is poor (like if the company goes into debt often maybe), because I heard that the share prices arenā€™t really affected by the traditional market movements (not sure about that). Iā€™ve generally also been attracted to the dividends of the ones I mentioned, which, apart from INRG, have quarterly sustainable dividends growing year by year. My portfolio at the moment consists of renewable energy stocks, Pets At Home (quite a lot in it) and a little bit in Evraz, although I will be selling it soon because it doesnā€™t seem right that they had such big dividends when I bought them. I think Iā€™m going to stick with Pets At Home and renewable energy stocks with the Pie Autoinvest feature. Generally I love the look and feel of the Trading 212 app :grin:

1 Like

Definitely try diversify a bit, need some strong, weā€™ll established companies in there, wouldnā€™t wanna see it all go downhill on you and put you off investing. No need to take big risks when you have a long time horizon, look at the math and youā€™ll see itā€™s not worth the risk, that Ā£1 you have now could be worth around Ā£30 around retirement at a boring old total stock market growth rate. Donā€™t go chasing yield or ā€œcheapā€ stocks, thereā€™s usually a reason for high yields or ow P/Es, and itā€™s because everyoneā€™s selling the stock. Best thing you can do is look at all time history and see if itā€™s been going up, and if it has has it been going up well in the past 5-10 years

If only the dark mode was actually dark :frowning: :face_with_head_bandage:

Could you recommend some U.K., well-established stocks with preferably quarterly dividends? Recently I heard about ones called Close Brothers Group and Primary Health Properties (PHP) - which are quarterly and PHP has been going up all the time.