Post moderation

Is there a mechanism on this forum to notify a member upfront that their post will go into moderation before they take the time to write and submit it?

It is frustrating to learn after-the-fact and would allow members to decide whether to commit or not.

I think if youā€™re experiencing this a lot I would perhaps have a rethink about the general manner in which you post?

I think Iā€™ve only experienced this once

Thanks, it was a reasonable question to save your, mine and othersā€™ timeā€¦ and to perhaps aid in doing what you seek. Unworthy of snarky comment; and like you, just the once.

Not saying the ā€˜moderationā€™ of the forum is perfect in any shape or form, but if we discuss how not to have our posts ā€˜moderatedā€™, surely weā€™re effectively discussing how to beat the system, removing the point of it in the first place?

I think Iā€™ve had a couple posts, but at a guess I was using similar words to past posts on the thread that had been marked for moderation.

1 Like

@MikeC you might find itā€™s an automatic thing based on a trigger word that you may have used, such as any word that might be construed as a c-o-m-p-l-a-i-n-t. Those are triggered, flagged and referred to an admin to validate whether or not it is a legitimate expression of dissatisfaction, even if youā€™re not using said word in that context.

(Wondering if the D word above might get this post flagged now)

But I think it comes down the forum engine, rather than T212. I could be wrong but I think these are in-built mechanisms within the platform and not something they can really customise too deeply.

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing it back on-topic. You might be right, Iā€™m just asking the question: there might be a button or banner that could be enabled in the system to inform members before writing.

It would be handy. Thereā€™s certainly a window to the right of the one you type in that often gives various notices, such as if your post sounds similar to an existing one, itā€™ll go and bring those up as suggestions.

But youā€™re right, that would be good if it notified you of a dodgy word or phrase that will obviously cause the post to be auto-flagged.

I know it shows you that swear words will be blanked out. If I could remember the name of the host forum, could probably Google it and get the answerā€¦

1 Like

Apologies, that wasnā€™t my intention if I offended.

I was merely stating that I have not experienced this problem so it made me wonder what one would post to be flagged etc on a persistent basis.

No snarky ness intended.

2 Likes

Discourse :innocent:

20 characters.

1 Like

Thanks @Zergui

Two mins of Googling and this might be one plugin thatā€™s missing;

@admins can any of you confirm if the above plugin is active on this forum please? Thanks.

1 Like

there seems to quite a bit of trial and error involved. hopefully it balances out sooner than later.