Price comparison article

etoro tweeted their fee, showing them cheaper then its peers. Wow, they pay stamp duty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: so they take a loss which CFD need to cover the cost.

I like Freetrade being an investor their, and hold a good size portfolio but when it come to Trading 212 just love it.
etoro also charge £25 withdraw fee, last time I checked.

2 Likes

Very interesting tables comparing costs of dealing and holding stocks on eight platforms. But some of the quoted fees look wrong to me. AJ Bell custody fee is 0.25% capped at £7.50 per quarter, not 0.10% as stated. Interactive Investor has a currency conversion fee of 1.5%, not 0 cost as stated. Interactive Investor may have 0 custody fee, but they charge a £9.99 pm subscription fee.

1 Like

This article is misleading and I see at least a few wrong numbers there. The motives of the authors are clear…

eToro, one of the “four leading fintech apps”? I don’t think so.

3 Likes

Is one of the wrong numbers the currency conversion fee? I was under the impression its 0%, in the comparison its listed as 0.15

the problem is you can pay a 3rd rate journalist to produce a story on your behalf and they will not do their research to back up the claims.

As for the website, its certainly not one I have heard of before so its not as if this was an article on a mainstream platform that would be expected to do their homework properly before misleading readers.

3 Likes

Exactly. There’s no foreign exchange fee with Trading 212. They made it up so that it looks like eToro is cheaper.

3 Likes

I agree, this article is very misleading