Quadruple Apple Dividend Payment (Thanks)

They will force sell the shares you invested and get the money back that way. This is how they handled an more complicated error that I experienced. Good luck!

Why do people have different dividends per share. I got $0.17 per share, my friend has $0.14 per share and someone else in this post has $0.18 per share. Anyone help me understand this a little better?

1 Like

The dividend was $0.205USD, if you’re in the UK you’ll pay 15% WHT - so you’ll get $0.17. Different countries have different tax agreements with the US, so that could cause the variance. If your friend is in the UK too, then they might need to make sure they have the W8-BEN form submitted otherwise they’ll pay 30% WHT instead of 15%.

2 Likes

Good question, perhaps it’s also a bug?

My friend is in the UK, I thought trading212 handles this form for us. If not is there a way he can check if he has signed it in trading212?

Yeah, normally T212 handles the form automatically. Your friend should contact T212 support as I don’t think there’s any other way within the platform itself.

1 Like

Okay I will let him know, thank you for your help

OK so I’m not seeing things. 156 shares and got 3 x £19.54 notifications. Was so confused. What if I invest the money straight away? I guess they can force sell something later but I might have made some money by then.

Edit just realised this has already been asked and answered. Cheers

Leveraged dividends! :ok_hand:t3: :wink:

Looks like it’s just updated,

Will the “dividend history” also be updated as well? as I use this to track dividends but I’ll have to take into account this error going forward forever?

1 Like

For investors from Romania, the agreement with the US is for a 10% tax on dividends.

True. Fixed here too. Oh the things I could have done with that extra £40. Oh well life goes on.

Can you sort the dividend history out too please? This has messed up my returns now…

2 Likes

Only 3 x dividends here :grin:

I also got three, (not complaining though).
I’m happy with £0.39 :grin:

1 Like

Today I received the same dividend from Apple 4 times. I thought this must be a mistake when I received 4 notifications in 5 minutes about it, but still, inside the app they all appear as separate dividends which add up to the total amount I have received from dividends, which now is not accurate. Please fix this. Anyone else with the same issue?

Mine got withdrawn hours and hours ago

But I already spent the money on shares for Barings Bank and the East India Company!

I won’t be spending mine all at once :slightly_smiling_face: