Question About Dividend Investing

No not a lot just looked at the fundamentals and benchmarked them. Also an Austrian firm bought a load post breakout. You don’t lose money till you sell so I don’t care. If you have no fear you tend not to let emotions dictate and do better but it can also backfire :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How do you know I’m not in mummy’s basement, she’s cleaning my litter tray as we speak.

On the fear thing, I think I’ll feel better when I know I’ve done all my due diligence. That way if it all goes wrong, I can find comfort knowing I did the best I could with the information available to me at the time.

Gonna start small (money wise) anyway so i don’t panick in downturns.

Will keep researching but ultimately will invest in stocks that sing to me.

1 Like

Litter tray?

I can see your first YouTube vid for fire now: “Squat now, sit later. A millionaire’s rise from the bottom”

Viiiiiiraaaaal !!!

Started from the bottom and I’m still here

On drake instrumental.

1 Like

Yeah good idea, just commit a certain amount you can afford to lose and some in say premium bonds thats what I do.

1 Like

is this big box you added? :confused:

Yes, looks like it has a good future owning a lot of properties for growing brands

Knowing what @CavanHaganInvesting is like he didn’t add it only because I mentioned it, he will have done his own research and decided it fits his strategy. We don’t all follow each other, so don’t be worried for him :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Don’t worry, I’m not worried :open_mouth: Sorry I think we are stuck in a loop probably you are not worried as well :smiley:

I also do some digging anytime I see someone posts things that look interesting. And reits are definetely in my interest. 15% of my current portfolio at the moment are reits, and I am very overweight on tech and consumer staples so I am actively looking for potential reits to add.

Big box looked interesting and “potentially have potential” for growth but its something I can’t really judge because of the vertical/niche they operate in, and their price looked pretty much flat over the years, if i ignore the covid drop/catch up. So I was curious if @CavanHaganInvesting or @Matt_C can give me some pointers.

I’m 10% Realty Income, they’re the strongest REIT I see.
Big Box is interesting to me because they’re quite new but have lots of big holding like Amazon, Argos, B&Q, DHL, Dunelm, Euro Car Parts, Kellogg’s, L’Oreal, Marks and Spencers, Matalan , Morrison’s… and the list goes on. They’re hugely diversified in types of tennant, and hold quite a lot of my own personal investments like amazon and Unilever.
They have good Yield of over 4% also which is a plus and their P/E is on the lower end of the market right now at 18. Their assets have been increasing quite rapidly which is nice to see but so has their debt, so obviously their borrowing to fund it but that’s ok as it’s showing great growth potential for the long term.
The last year hasn’t looked too great with a big drop in revenue, profits and liquidity, but hoping that this is only temporary.

Overall investor returns are looking good also.
Price has recovered from a huge crash back to prior levels, who knows if it’s too high or too low but I cost average anyway. It’s only 1% of my portfolio but I think it’s a good one for total return. It’s kind of like my STAG of the UK. I’d say definitely worth considering for a stable dividend payer with good growth into the future

2 Likes

fair enough, goes into my watchlist may be for next FY.

1 Like

I have STAG (bigger slice %) and O as well… took at look at BigBox, sounds interesting (and risky), will be added to my Radar… their European branch is too small yet, but I will keep watching it :wink:

2 Likes

What’s your reason for having STAG bigger than O?

I’m interested in Tritax Big box as well but while doing research came across a couple questions about it’s legal structures and management. It seems there are other Tritax stocks (Tritax eurobox, Tritax Property Income Fund and the not listed tritax group) do you or anyone else know if these are seperate companies (they seem to be) and why they have such similar names (maybe spin off or just managed by Tritax group). It kinda confuses me, thanks alot!

1 Like

I also like STAG, equal holding with O in my portfolio. I’ve not added big box yet but it’s one I’m watching for certain.

1 Like

As long as most of their tenants survive I can see big box doing very well into the future. If not, they should still manage but growth will be slower.

1 Like

Big box is large scale logistics real estate In the UK
EuroBox is European logistics real estate
These two are like STAG
Property income fund invests in commercial property in the UK
this is like reality income so this kind of interests me but haven’t looked into it much.
only Big Box is on T212 right now, so maybe request the others if you’re interested

On another note, I’m invested in IUKP, which has a bunch of UK REITS. Big Box makes up over 5% of it, so if you want more diversification in property that could be a choice

This is my reits at the mo, all 3, CCI, EQIX and DLR grew out of control (which i am not complaining) so they make it look like its very unbalanced

edit: DLN has been in doghouse for over a year, wish I unloaded that before covid

1 Like

1 Like