Rating T212 Chat Advisors

Yes :+1: long time ago I suggested this in case trading 212 wanted to save on cost. But I have seen a few post recently where it mentioned the owner injected more money in t212 (maybe) itā€™s not a cost saving issue anymore.

Donā€™t take this the wrong way, but Iā€™ve worked in industries that have outsourced to Poland/Italy and then Indian-and other places, all in the name of cost.

There are a lot of smart people in these countries, however the turnover of staff is also rather high. I have a lot of friends in each country, in that in my circle, if someone doesnā€™t get a promotion in 1-2 years, they will look elsewhere.

Turnover of staff is high, and as a result the quality of service can drop. Some sectors have then realised this, and rather than admit that ā€˜knowledge retentionā€™ in the industry which is needed to maintain good service has dropped so far, that they have moved roles back ā€˜due to security reasonsā€™.

The finance world is complex, and as many may or may not realise, there are a lot of grey areas - particularly with ISA regulations in the UK.

No broker is perfect, and we need to realise this, while pushing our brokers to provide the best service possible to us.

212 amongst others has opened up investing to retail investors in a cost efficient basis. This will come with its limits and quirks. Similarly, myself included, we need better ā€˜educationā€™ on how things work in real life and where to get information from. 212 are our broker, they are not an advisor on what happens during a corporate action/stock split. It is up to us as investors to understand what we hold and what any events mean that happen on our stocks.

This forum is great for that. Not many brokers are even willing to participate and help their users in such an open way.

Iā€™ve had a few pints so apologies if Iā€™ve confused with the above.

3 Likes

T212ā€™s chat advisers have been great when Iā€™ve had reason to get in touch. It could be worse: over on Feetrade, you have to buy a subscription to get in-app customer support.

1 Like

Which would be a suitable punishment for those that are rude to chat operators.

2 Likes

Although imagine the Chat Operators that are unable to give the answer people expect (which is most often the case), but now Karen is paying for it. Those poor lads would have it worse Iā€™m afraid.

Clarification: from most peopleā€™s complaints of the Chat Support, they look like they have a very specific answer expected in mind, and very often the help offered differs somewhat from that expectation, leading to anger. I didnā€™t mean the operators were most often unhelpful.

I havenā€™t used the chat function in a long while and so i decided to give it a test today.

Question asked - Do i earn interest on uninvested money in my ISA? Not only did the chap nail the correct answer but went further mention where i would earn.

My experience - it was quick, courteous & went a bit extra mile - so am rating 10/10

Also no place was it mentioned ā€œChat Advisorā€ to be clear

1 Like