Robinhood Files for IPO

@JustLookingThx There you go: https://archive.md/ClBER

1 Like

Thanks @VicVega

As for Robinhoods IPO,
I ain’t touching that stock. Business model way too risky imo (PFOF, crypto, gamification worries of lawmakers… the list is long)

But I will watch from the sidelines with interest for sure xD

1 Like

Username checks out.

8 Likes

Any thoughts on the earnings? :thought_balloon:

I feel bad for people buying at those hyped IPOs, oh wait I dont. Best way to learn is the hard way :frowning:
My colleagues were all like this is the next amazon bla bla

Serves only IIs to get out really, glad I was true to my username on this one .-.

1 Like

Is it not that you want to ‘get in’ before others have heard of it any hyped up the company?

1 Like

Exactly that. The hype, the timing, the promo, the paid analysts serve only one thing: volume for cash out

That was not surprising. If you take a look at this slide in their presentation:

You see that the crypto revenue is just… gone. The other sources remained the same. It was just because of the hype around Dogecoin in Q2, similarly to the GameStop/AMC hype in Q1 (visible as the yellow bar Q1’2021).

This demonstrates that their business is not growing at the promised pace with the absence of extraordinary events like the above. That correction was a necessity. Their expenses are too high and their revenue is not stable.

Furthermore, they project that they will acquire 660,000 new users in Q4. That’s below 7,500 users per day on average. I remember Trading 212 quoting they had 30,000 funded accounts per day before they closed in January. And Robinhood should be at least an order of magnitude bigger than T212. Who knows.

4 Likes

Looking at the stock price since IPO - my brain is like:

Yes. I know.

Disclaimer: I don’t own any shares of Robinhood <3

1 Like

Me too, but at this price, I am starting to think it might be worth it. I’ll be watching the stocks and wair for it to find its bottom, and I’m planning to buy some.

1 Like

PFOF is on the way to be banned in US, or at least the political/regulatory actors are talking about that. That rumors contributed also for the HOOD downturn.

If you intend to enter in HOOD, be careful about the potential PFOF ban. :wink:

3 Likes

I think they need to change the rules - if an order doesn’t get executed within a reasonable timeframe, say half a trading day, or two auctions, then you should be allowed to be approached by brokers taking a cut of the spread by PFOF if you accept the terms.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 18.28.25

Did Trading 212 and its 2mn clients leave the the UK without me noticing? :rofl:

2 Likes

Still in the UK. Still the same office space :joy:

2 Likes