Royal Dutch Shell - opinions

Sounds like have them.

Seems like 212 record keeping is based more on custody than accounting practice. Markets like India would have a field day with CGT if they were available on 212!

Er… Actually, I can see in the report that all the shares have been sold at 0.0, but there is no signs of the new shares been bought… Is it just me, or do I have to search somewhere else?

Even in the stock history, there is nothing about when it at which price I bought them

1 Like

The reason for not seeing a buy order is that no such was placed on your behalf, at the time of acquiring the new shares. That said, once you close the position(s) they will be reflected chronologically in your history & tax statement.

@CeeGee I’ve had a closer look and could see that the due shares have been correctly allocated to your account. DM me or ping me if you have any difficulties locating the position.

1 Like

I bought €23.07 worth of shares today, and now I’m up from 0% to 2502.60% :smiley:

Will have to live with this I guess.

The problem is not the share allocation, it is the average price that was messed up.

2 Likes

You can be proud of that return :laughing: I guess all of us want to see something like that.

3 Likes

Actually, I’m afraid that the real problem will be when we will sell them and we will have to report them to the tax report…

You can do two things.

1. Offset the gains with incorrect losses on the old RDSA/RDSB position(stupid idea imo but same result).
  2. Keep your own book cost records.

Agree its ‘not the best’, and the statement from 212 is effectively a ‘custody’ statement, whereas we want an ‘accounting’ statement for tax purposes. If this is the way 212 currently do things, then we need to raise a separate thread IMO in the requests forum, and make some noise about it as it will impact more than this event here.

Why is mine showing like this?

No real gains or losses, just how many shares of bought?

1 Like

Because the average buying price is now zero. Can’t calculate the gains percentage from that.

I do use a separate app for reports. But as you said, it’s not ideal. The “basic” information T212 provides should be accurate information.

I also get it that it is a not so common event. But it can be improved for the next times it happens.

But it’s okay, because now I’m up 2,500% :rocket: #tothemoon

2 Likes

Yeah, not ideal is it. Its now my best performing position and at the top of my list now :rocket: I look forward to trying to ‘average down’ from starting at zero :rofl:

@B.E can you guys add the company details, revenue, yield etc on to the stock please?

The fundamentals will be automatically pulled from Reuters in the upcoming days, @Mr.Trade - I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Shell has parted ways with Gazprom.

And BP has parted ways with Rosneft.

For the first time since T212 allowed us to monitor our shares that have been lent out, I noticed that my Shell share are being lent out by 76%. I am wondering if people shorting the stock know something that we do not know.

Shares are lent out for more than ‘shorting’. It’s probably to help with liquidity issues as well given trade volume has doubled the past week or so.

Thank you for informing

Hi @Bogi.H and the team,

Please could you add the ‘social’ section to the stock please?

There’s already a ‘Shell News’ section on the instrument page. There’s also a social community.