Sale price ***BABA / Alibaba***

Agreed, its a very good move for China and the Chinese population, the risk for China is a severa crash akin to 08 or something, and when you see the Evergrande situation you can see what could start it so I think the govt are making the right moves for long term stability.

As a shareholder its bad short-term for the stock price, however I think at current levels Ant Financial stake Alibaba owns is essentially priced at $0 so the fact it will work with govt more closely and have joint ventures will be good for Ant and Alibaba long term, for one it means Ant will get favourable govt treatment in future compared to a up and coming rival that govt have no interest/control in.

Are people still averaging down?

Yes I am still averaging down. Will buy some more next pay day.

2 Likes

Only if someone does it for me. Itā€™s already held in some of my funds so donā€™t top this one up personally, although interesting to watch :upside_down_face:

Whether itā€™s the start of a general correction Iā€™m not sure. People have been saying that for years that were due one :rofl:

1 Like

Imo it all depends on the outlook and view of Chinese gov. and its relationship to big tech (what a surprise I know -.-)

Anyway contrary to widespread believe I think a strong involvement of Chinese regulators/gov. could very well be seen as an advantage mid to longterm.

Why?

Reigning in bigtech is overdue lets be honest, China could be just ahead of the curve so to speak

If you argue upside is limited due to gov. regulation you could as easily argue gov. involvement can be protection against future headwinds as well. If Chinese Big tech play ball they can count on strong ally (i.e. Chinese gov) in the future

If you believe world is heading towards less gov.regulation then China is clearly moving against mainstream and current valuations seem to some extent justified.

Exciting times ahead thatā€™s for sure

1 Like

My average is mid 200 ā€¦ the pain is real. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If someone told me this chart belongs to Alibaba I would not have believed him

Terrible market today :white_flag:

4 Likes

I was waiting to see if it would drop below $150 and it did.

I think it will continue dropping for the remainder of the year, possibly even down to $100.

Worth keeping a close eye on this one.

3 Likes

Chinese BigTechs are starting to loose some of their economic moat, their huge pile of proprietary data.

Alibabaā€™s Ant Group has begun to send its consumer credit data to a database run by Chinaā€™s central bank.

Chinaā€™s large internet platforms have for years tended to resist sharing their data, a crucial asset that helps them run operations, manage risk and attract new customers.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to speak to the manager of stocks please. Can he do something about this downward trend?

7 Likes

@Team212 i think its a bug in their software, the graph keeps going down.

8 Likes

Alibaba is a good example of why fundamental alone, P/E, EBITDA, ROE, EPS, D/E ratio is not a good strategy in investing and trading.
In case of Alibaba, show how C.C.P could grab money from investors around the world. They should not allow BABA, other big Chinese private companies or its American depository to list in the US other international stock exchange from the beginning. Not after using them to collect money from international investors and then rob them.

2 Likes

Yea and when you see how Evergrande isnā€™t paying oversea bond holders. Disgusting stuff.

1 Like

You also have to question why people bought their bonds, were the books ā€˜cookedā€™ or were people aware of the risks?

People who bought pre 2016 are still well off, I would thinkā€¦

Do you have crystal ball in future? 10 years/20 from now?

One could argue this is single greatest steal of decade. Of course one could be wrong.

In any case, short term blips doesnā€™t really tell you anything, it is sentiment that speaks.

I am buying all the way to 0 $ tyvm.

Ps I still think we might even go sub 100$ short term.

2 Likes

If you stop buying, it will get there quicker :rofl:

6 Likes

The fundamental side is fantastic, one of the best ops out there. But I tend to agree with some of @adindas points. Particularly the fact that we are just easy access to capital for them.

But under the leadership under President Xi is as it is, it could be pretty nasty for some time due to the current unpredictability

Not only that, at some stage may the SEC take a different view of allowing these VIEs that represent the companies, opposed to the actual assets of the company float on the NYSE? Quite possibly. (I may be wrong on this, but Iā€™m sure someone far more intelligent can cover this). And naturally, if you own BABA on its local exchange then this is mitigated.

So there are for sure two sides of things for sure. Iā€™m in the I can make money elsewhere camp at the moment.

Probably goaded into it. I know Blackrock has been really ā€˜assertiveā€™ about Chinese bonds.

But I rather not give people the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

To be honest I am not sure why anyone buys bonds in anything right now :smiley:
But yeah anyone who knows China or has lived there I think wouldnā€™t invest in property company bonds, or bonds as the risk reward is not favourable, Chinas property situation in crazy so I wouldnā€™t touch that industry. $BABA offers me a good risk/reward I feel, equally if it goes to 0 then my portfolio will survive.

In the current climate, those who want to invest in property in China has lost their mind. The ā€œEvergrandeā€ Case will bring all of the chinese investment which have co-relation with chinese property down.

2 Likes