Sale price ***BABA / Alibaba***

My average price is 179.45 at the moment. With today’s prices I wish I could average down more. With China and the US talks going well, there appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

But also good you have the strength to limit your exposure to one stock by not increasing your position and averaging down.

As they say it’s time in the market, not timing the market.

1 Like

True. I try to limit my investing to one day per month. Though if I had some spare money lying around I’m not sure I could control myself at today’s prices :grinning:

Gonna sound mad, I’m looking into Baba and it looks very good. One thing puts me off, I have a feeling if Russia invades Ukraine, China will invade Taiwan in unison. Dusts off tin foil hat yes I know this will affect everything and everyone but Chinese stonks would become stinks

1 Like

I am curious to hear the reasoning behind this!

Look at the build up on the border, even the U.S. has said Russia is mobilising for war. Then what’s been happening in Taiwan, increased Chinese aggression and flyovers. Now wouldn’t it make sense for these two nations (communist of sorts and outcasts of sorts) to hit the West simultaneously while Biden the zombie is on the throne? Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t taking Taiwan in their 50 year plan. Ukraine is significant in pushing NATO back and establishing gas pipelines. Taiwan is symbolic and as we all know the semiconductor monster, this would only strengthen China.

If Ukraine is invaded we will enter a violence spiral that will lead to WW3 and Baba will be least of our concerns

Maybe, maybe not. Look at Crimea.

1 Like

It’s an interesting take on things. I’m not sure I can see it happening though. An attack on Taiwan by China might as well be an attack on the US. I can’t see China wanting to do that any time soon when business with the US has been going so well lately.

Are they not busy enough screwing over citizens of Hong Kong?

1 Like

You watch, I buy a bunch of Chinese stocks at bargain prices then the tanks roll into Taiwan. :joy:

2 Likes

I did read once of an investing technique where you inverse yourself. Do the opposite of whatever you think is a good idea. This may work here.

They’ve been pretty active in Taiwans airspace of late. I know this isn’t uncommon practice to send the odd plane over, but it was about 40 planes a couple of months back; which is a little more than a gentle nudge I would say.

2 Likes

Flexing their muscle at the US maybe? I know the US are big supporters or Taiwan for strategic reasons.

2 Likes

A little bit of proxy, a little bit of “I want Taiwan”

2 Likes

Seems Munger has doubled down again.

1 Like

Hope he is still alive when it goes green.

2 Likes

Exactly what I thought! This guy doesn’t give a f

1 Like

If i were a 98 year old billionaire i wouldn’t either.

1 Like

I reckon he’s trying a large pump and dump