Sale price ***BABA / Alibaba***

I pray he succeed to pump it 50% up, so i can dump :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes he is an old fart who is around 200 years old, but I reckon he doesn’t want to go out on a losing bet.

This might be a pretty stupid question but… when we read that Charlie Munger has doubled down on BABA… does this mean his company has purchased the stocks on NYSE or on the Honk Kong exchange? (or we will never know)

1 Like

I think we know for sure if we check the public SEC filings it is not S4 though, slipped my mind, they usually come 3 months after…

Thanks for the response!
In this case, may be his previous BABA orders could be checked?

He is holding the NYSE shares

2 Likes

Np, found it, it is the 13F filing, only downside is, it is delayed by a quarter

1 Like

Anyone brave enough to call the bottom is in for Alibaba yet :rofl:

It is listed as BABA, whereas I am assuming if he bought HK it would list the ticker 9988.HK but I am not up with my 13F filings protocol just assume by ticker displayed.
Side note, I don’t see many US investors buy the HK listed for dual listed securities? Or are any examples of high profile people who chose the HK over the US ADRs, I am aware of them owning HK shares if ONLY listed on HK.

1 Like

I hope we have not bottomed yet.
But it seems BABA is getting detached from rest of Chinese plays.

But who knows, carry on adding. :moneybag:

He doesn’t have to fear being poor in the old days.

That could be true but he would value his reputation more than anything else…knowing fully well that the young generation would follow suit any move he makes because of his global recognition in the world of investing.

1 Like

I think most USA brokers, especially zero commission brokers, do not provide you with access to any non-US exchange.

The younger generation, as in, basically everybody :grinning:

2 Likes

Finally, it seems time has come for BABA stock. While many US stocks, main index fall this week, BABA is up 9.23 and keep rising.

3 Likes

AlibabaBOOM let’s go baby

2 Likes

Well Yesterday it hit 50 EMA(1 D chart) and retreated. Also it was 2018 bottom resistance around 131$.

If you check charts, in past few months it hit 100 EMA on more occasions. But dropped like stone after.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we hit short term top and back to more pain.

Let’s wait and see.
:partying_face:

1 Like

Possibly. Looking into the last day small Red candle and quite big Sale volume (red candle on volume bar) on the last trading day.

But my point here is that while other high growth stocks are tanking this stock keep rising. Other things here to support the bullish thesis is

It is already above EMA20 is strong resitance level, as EMA 20 has been tested a few times in the past more than other EMA reistance level. But EMA 50 (light blue) or even EMA100 (White) probably is also the next resistance level.

It has been confirmed by RSI where RSi keep rising

MACD has formed a golden cross and the green candle on MACD histogram keep rising.

But as usual we can not just rely on technical analysys as it is not 100% accurate. Let alone, the existance of small Red candle and quite big Sale volume (red candle on volume bar on the last trading day. Let see what happen

There is an interesting article in seeking Alpha about doubling down the BABA stock

2 Likes

Munger needs to get his own ideas, copying me is getting old now :rofl:

3 Likes

Do you think Munger can still get it up, Alibaba that is.

1 Like