Sell part of a position

It might already be possible in CFD, but if not, it would be nice to be able to sell part of a position.

So for example I go long and buy 10000 eur/usd and want to sell 50% at my first TP line (a notification for example), I would want to the sell 5000.

You can sell any amount of a position (minimum 1€/£/$ per transaction).

Edit: this is regarding invest/ISA accounts.

If talking about CFD account, you can sell any of its smallest denomination.

If you’ve bought “1 unit”, then you’d only be able to se for “1 unit”. Depending on which instrument and which leverage, that could be anywhere from 0.01 shares to some quantity of share/lots, from as little as a few €/£/$ to maybe 50€/£/$ minimum.

Hi,

I have not seen this option in CFDs. So for example I go long and buy 10000 eur/usd and want to sell 50% at my first TP line (a notification for example), where do I go the sell 5000?

Minimum quantity for EUR/USD is 500 (x30). In aggregate mode, you could just open a new position in the other direction (if you’re long EUR/USD for 100,000, open a short position of 50,000), and that would effectively reduce your position.

In hedge mode you would have both positions open at once, but in aggregate mode you would only have 1 position of 50,000 long left.

Thank you for the info. I have not tried the aggregate mode, I will give it a go.