Selling individual ISA investment.

I’ve got some shares within the ISA investment tool and I’ve assumed this, for want of a better word, is a wrapper and now this in the ISA I can invest and take out from different shares as I please, as long as I don’t withdraw. Am I correct in this assumption?

Also, having invested in shares, the price dropped and I bought some more share at a lower rate. The lower purchased price shares have now realised a profit and I wish to sell them however, I’ve gone to sell these shares but the individual investment don’t show. All I get is the whole amount invested in the company and not the individual investments made. I’ve used these apps before and it normally show’s individual invests and sell at price. Why is this? Is there a way to sell the shares that are in profit. I’ve trawled the help pages and can’t see anything… help much appreciated or point me in the right direction.

No. Accounts work on a pooled scheme for tax purposes. It’s irrelevant anyway it’s just maths. Keep a spreadsheet if you want to play it this way.

So, if I’ve bought 50 shares at a lower rate and they go into the green, I just sell 50 shares and it’ll sell the ones in profit?

No it just sells 50 shares. It’s an average.

3 Likes

This statement is correct.

Your second statement, as Scrooge has pointed out, is that your share trading in 212, and the UK tax market (although moot as you said you are using an ISA), work on an average cost basis.