Silver & Nasdaq 100 in CFD

What do you mean by unfavourable market conditions? Who is it unfavourable too?

2 Likes

it makes no difference to the free market if something is synthetic. They should not be able to stop people trading in assets when it suits them, regardless of if they are synthetic or not.

1 Like

Agreed. 100% correct. This is a business model decision and clearly changing the rules when the trade goes against you is market manipulation. Lawsuits are flying the way of Robinhood. T212 may have to tread carefully.

2 Likes

Maybe look into capital.com if you need a referral link please let me know

Hello. I am trying to open a buy position on the NASDAQ100 CFD and platform is preventing me from doing so as the maximum trade quantity has been set to 0 by Trading212, why does this happen ? Basically I can only open a short position yet I want to open a long position.

1 Like

same here. but not only on nasdaq but on ALL indizesā€¦

Yes Iā€™ve had the same problem. Wasted a day of trading as the market has dipped too. I think it must be down to volatility at the moment . I wish Trade212 would communicate with what is happening.

Some else posted a msg by a CEO of another trading app (Freetrade) saying that there bank (a major UK bank) has restricted funding for Buying positions and so there site have had same problems. I think there is a strong link with the GameStop/Reddit thing going on which has percolated throughout the trading world.

The maximum trading quantities of the CFD instruments are dynamic and subject to change. They reflect our current evaluation of the market risk. We have to keep our exposure in tune with the regulatory requirements for capital adequacy.

This is market manipulation. Your allowing people to go short and lose money but not go long.

4 Likes

Hey Guys. it would just be important to communicate this clearly. We deposit money so we can trade so itā€™s very disappointing when we donā€™t get notified that we cannot trade. Its okay if Trading212 or its liquidity providers take the other side of the trade but keep it fair and not pick and choose when you want to take the other side. You guys basically decided that traders would make money if they were allowed to trade the position which would mean you would lose money so you decided to prevent us from trading. We love you guys thatā€™s why we are here, we just need good communication or we will start to assume that you guys donā€™t care about us.

1 Like

Trading212 is becoming a joke!

First you block my purchases on Gold a while back, and now you block my Silver purchases?

I am pretty angry right now, so I am going to wait a while before I have a look to see if I should get some legal advice on this.

1 Like

How can go short mean losing money?

Legal advice on a company stopping you gambling?

I can imagine that will go swimmingly.

1 Like

Perhaps.
Which is why I will wait until I calm down.

Regardless, T212ā€™s behaviour has been disgraceful.
I would leave, but I think I will leave my position on and take their money first

This is not gambling as you buying a contract spredbet is gambling (I believe )

Whether it is gambling or not is not the issue here.

The issue is T212ā€™s decision not to service its customers.
They are happy for us to bet in the wrong direction, but not in the direction that is very likely to make us money.

It was bad enough with ā€œothersā€ keeping the price of silver down.
Now we have brokers refusing to let us buy?!! lol

Shady business!

5 Likes

ā€œAny customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black.ā€

2 Likes

For me, Silver/EUR has stopped working in the morningā€¦ ā€œTrading suspendedā€. Does it still work for you?

Same here. This morning it still worked. Until 10:00 CET I guessā€¦

When your user base stands to make gains and its against the companies interestsā€¦

1 Like