[Stock Request] Argo Blockchain LON:ARB

Could the above be added thanks? :grinning:

Hello, @mcwilliams91! Argo Blockchain is now live and ready for trading! :white_check_mark:

since you are the one who requested it…can you tell me if this ticker is the same s the otc ARBKF?

Thanks

This would appear to be the US equivalent of the UK entity yes, however please don’t quote me if I’m wrong, and missed something obvious! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Currently ARB (Argo Blockchain) is one of the best opportunities you can find in the market, in my opinion.
Very efficient crypto mining company with operations based in Canada (low cost electricity, hydro).
Has access to capital both from UK and USA, highly profitable, trading at forward P/E of aprox. 5 !!! Will have to see P/E for Argo going to 25-30 soon so stock price will rocket.
There is no way in hell I can make less then 5x on my money with this one :slight_smile:
Of course DYOR and DD, but it’s a no brainer…
And we have a sweet dip today, so buy now, thank me later !

Anyone else finding ARBKF has been removed from the platform?

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

It was only there for a matter of hours. Saw it the night it’d been added, but by the morning it’d gone.

1 Like

A quick question, where did you get this from? Did you calculate it?

I’ve bought 10k shares x ARB a few weeks ago and started to investigate the company a lot more after that. Bought the dip this week and accumulated aprox 70k shares now. I am writing this stuff so that people who read my post understand that I am very bullish on Argo, but I’m not 100% objective cause I am heavily invested.
Let’s look at the data:
In 2020 Argo has mined 2,465 BTC ( Argo Blockchain December Operational Update | Business Wire )
They’ve did that with 16k mining machines (645 petahash). They bought 4500 superior machines that will start mining by the end of January adding 430 petahash mining power.
Monday, 18 Jan, they announced share offering 28 mil shares (so total shares now = 355 mil).
The money (£22.4 mil) will be used for expanding mining capacity, adding 610 petahash power, so now we;re talking 1685 petahash in total. These machines have been already ordered and promissed to be delivered in Q1 and Q2.
With the price of Bitcoin going up in 2021 (we dont know how much) we know the level of difficulty for mining Bitcoin will be bigger, but doubling the mining capacity Argo can almost guarantee they will mine aprox the same amount of BTC as last year, so aprox 2400 min - 3000 max. In order to calculate forward P/E of course we have to assume the average price of Bitcoin in 2021 to be 40k - 50k ? it can easily reach 100k but I'm trying not be be very optimistic. What is the profit margin ? Peter Wall, Argo CEO said it's aprox 70% in the last 2 months and he's very bullish for 2021. That translates into aprox 100 mil revenue (using min figures, 2400 btc mined, 40k avg price in 2021) Aprox 70 mil profit / 355 mil shares = 0.20 EPS Current price in USA OTC market is 1.03 so that means P/E = 5
If Bitcoin will go to 50k+ or more and considering that Argo Blockchain has other sources of income on top of that, plus they might do another stock offering in 2021 and gather a lot more cash, we have in front of us an opportunity of a life time.

Please tell me I’m wrong :slight_smile:
Regards

2 Likes

I am unsure what impact the competitors will have. Ever more Crypto mining companies are joining the market, making mining less profitable. Also other mining corporations bring more petahashes than argo to the table. I have a small position in argo and I will keep it that way. Btc is very volatile. Miners even more so. I dont need a major backfire in my portfolio when all the markets are overheating.
Thats just my take :slight_smile:

Demand for rigs has boomed as bitcoin prices soared. That’s the reason Argo management moved fast and got the money in January to place an order, secure new rigs and stay competitive.
New miners joining the market ? Not so much, maybe small guys with second hand equipment, but they can’t compete with Argo :slight_smile:

At the end of the day the bear scenario tells me ARB sp will go under 50p a few times in 2021, but it will always recover fast. While the bull scenario is that next year, I will buy a nice house in Scotland with the profits from this investment :slight_smile:

I’ll take that bet anytime !
GLTA

2 Likes

I have not checked the actual numbers in terms of production and number of shares, but assuming they are correct and considering the assumptions the maths is roughly correct.

I am impressed, I thought you were probably quoting a random forum user on reddit or something. Than you for the response and I wish you luck with the stock, it seems like a good investment :smiley:.

Thank you for your reply :smiley:.

For full disclosure, when I saw bitcoin rising late last year, yet this miners’ share price stagant, I bought a very very small positio just to see what would happen. What people online refer to as “beer money” (although it would not be enough for a round of beers). At one point earlier this month that had multiplied by 20… I should have bought more! :moneybag:.
I don’t really have an “outlook” on crypto and its possible performance, but I will hold this investment, especially after your reply. Even if it just for the fun/enjoyment of seeing what happens! :horse_racing:.

Could it be a “100 bagger” for me based on a 30 PE ratio?
We shall see later in the year :wink: .

Edit: If that was the case it would become the biggest position in my portfolio by a significant margin. So… fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Could it be a “100 bagger” for me based on a 30 PE ratio?
We shall see later in the year :wink: .

Million dollar question. Its already a third of the way since last year. Annoyingly its something I thought about opening a small position with beer money early December last year, and initially thought I had missed out.

Now I’m thinking it still has a fair runway to go, and trying to analyse it vs competition and monitor the dips for an entry point.

Its clearly tied into Bitcoin, which even if that holds or gains value, struggles to deal with similar volumes of transactions as say the more traditional Visa or Mastercard type transactions.

1 Like