Stop loss doesn't works

I used an OCO order to this: I created a sell limit at 18$ (take profit) and a sell stop at 15.20$ (stop loss). You are right on what you said, the problem is that the sell stop order been not triggered.

@adm I don’t think I can go on, tag you’re in.

1 Like

Bro I day trade forex, I konw how orders work. The problem could be the gap yes, maybe at the end of the session, but is it possible that in a practice account there where not any available price to sell?

You are talking about invest account. Your screenshot was from the invest account.

"I created a sell limit at 18$ (take profit) and a sell stop at 15.20$ (stop loss). "

If the price is 15.20 you want it to trigger at someone isn’t going to give you 18 for each share. :sweat_smile:

The limit would only ever go through if the price went back up above or at 18, to be able to get ~18 per share.

Guys, what I did works in the real account, the problem is that in the practice account it does not works. Why in the real yes and in the practice not? both invest, not cfd

OCO is available in invest it is called “stop limit” (read olso in the red circles)

This is real invest account, look.

Same share owned, same value, invest account. And OCO order exists.

No, you didn’t help me. I’m saying that there is a sort of a bug and the OCO orders does not work on practice account.

Just going back to the original post before we start looking at others.

You were looking at MTEM

You bought at 16.10

Let’s say you wanted to protect your loss, so you if it fell below 15.20 you want it to sell everything at loss as you were worried it might drop significantly more from there.

If you had created a sell stop it would have tried to get you the best price as soon as it fell to 15.20

As you have a sell stop limit, the 15.20 got triggered however because you are wanting a minimum of 18.00 it would never get you a sale.

If you had the limit at say 15 instead it would make sure if it would only accept 15 or more. However if it dropped from 15.30 to 14.90 you still not get a sale unless it went back up slightly.

Trying to get 18 based on the history seem like you’ve made an error.

Can some of you help me? @David @Martin @PeterA @Team212

Give it up mate.

:rofl:

1 Like

Read the message before say this

I feel like I should be given a :trophy: at this point for perseverance. Not even a thanks.

4 Likes

So to sell my stocks the price should arrive at 15.20 again? And if the price arrive at 1$? This is not how OCO orders work.
Again, I setted al sell limit (take profit) and a sell stop (stop loss). If price goes bellow my stop loss at 15.20$ the broker has to close the position, and delete the take profit (sell limit order).
I use Oanda to trade forex, index and commodity and on MT4, TradingView and Oanda web platform OCO orders work in this way. Why here not?

And I repeat it again: IN INVEST REAL ACCOUNT IT WORKS, I ALWAYS DO THIS. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE PRACTICE ACCOUNT

Here you go bud, put it in your cabinet.

:trophy:

1 Like

The practice Invest account works the same as the Invest account.

In the invest account where you can only open long positions you set a sell stop where you want it to sell to protect you, you set a buy stop where you want it to buy.

The stop limit in both buy/sell just creates a limit order instead of a market buy.

So say you bought in at 16.

The price is going up and down between 15-17.

You might set a sell stop at 10 so if it was really going to tank down to 1 you would only lose 6p per share. Without the limit it’ll just get you the best possible, so if it was really going down fast it might get you only 8 etc

I know that they work in the same way. I said that there is a sort of bug. Do you read my message?

I can’t obviously see you describing a bug with the practice Invest account. It seems to be working as intended.

What’s it doing, and what do you think it should be doing instead?

At this point it’s going in circles.

It should close my position at 15.20$, or the first price available below 15.20$

Simply, if you are selling, your LIMIT value has to be lower than the STOP value.
The reverse applies if you are buying.