SYME on sell only mode

Like tankers of oil or cargo ships of metal ores. Owning 20% of a bank, setting up its own mutal fund with risk tolarances on returns. JPM own Tuliaā€¦ its is basicly gets Airbus on board. As they need a fluid supply chain. They encourage there little supplys to join tulia to get paid 90% of invoice due. As Airbus can take 6 months to pay an invoice. So its in airbuses favour to have their suppliers cash flow able.

Syme to follow a similar route but without causing a supplier to be tired down as such. And helping with P&L while lowering their credit risk and rating.

Read this article from today ā€¦ Inventory Monetization Offering New Route For Investors To Access Private Markets | AlphaWeek

Company has bright future :wink:

2 Likes

@Bendzo great article. Getting sick of defending syme ans explaining it over and over again.

If they answered

1. Nope
  2. We contacted the other week
  3. Just waiting patiently to hear back

Would that help? I mean if you wanted T212 to chase them everyday and T212 doesnā€™t want to so doesnā€™t. It would be silly from a business pov risking its millions of customers over pissing off itā€™s intermediary for a handful wanting SYME.

2 Likes

when you want to really get someone onboard or informed, donā€™t ever say itā€™s ā€œgoing to be the next X of Yā€. Loses what credibility it may have had, fast.

Looking at everything about amazon to date is enough to say that SYME will not be anything like it. just as it wont be the next google, facebook, microsoft, nor will it be run by the person to invent the next internet or smartphone. things happen once and it happens differently for every company, the market is different and so is the era it is competing.

As for a bright future, many companies had that. Then there was a pandemic and that was no longer the case. new companies formed to fill the stop-gap measures the pandemic created, but once its gone and passed stop-gap measures wonā€™t be necessary and the market for those companies will fizzle. along comes the next big crisis and more promising companies with ā€œbright futuresā€ will go under once more.

SYME has a lot of work to try and prove itself going forward and the valuation and fundamentals donā€™t have me convinced.

3 Likes

I was sympathetic towards you until your comment. If you actually believe this then iā€™ll stay well clear of SYME given your incredible ability to analyse a companies fundamentals.

in fairness tesla is hideously overvalued. 700bn market cap? give over

I was referring to the tired old trope of Tesla being reliant on credits to be profitable.

$1.1 billion profit in the second quarter of 2021, with only $354 million of that coming from credit sales. Car sales only restricted by battery shortages not demand, Two new giga factories opening this year.

2 Likes

Apologies to @Wayney, regardless of our different takes on these stocks i shouldnā€™t have posted in that manner. Good luck with SYME :+1:

2 Likes

@MaxZorin Dont stress. I was being funny in regards to fundamentals with tesla. Due to the fact everyone bangs on about themā€¦ yet with a huge valuation of teslas the fundamentals then donā€™t matter. Its about its project profit or its value in 2030 etc etc.

So why canā€™t symes value now be based on 2030 projections for instanc?

1 Like

@Dao the Amazon reference is int that pains me to say. But its the way I explain syme in brief. Eg we had book shops we had high streets. Amazon was an online book shop taking advantage of thr Internet. Then it has grown to take in the high street

Syme is bringing capital raising for companyā€™s. Instant online, switchable ease of use. Then running a mutal fund side. Then having trade flow as a good in transit arm of its company.
Effectively changing the way banking or finance rasing is down. As it has been the same process for hundreds/ thousands of years.

Syme is using technology, simplicity and ease of use. Cleverly packaged in a way a company can gain much needed cash. Without effecting credit rating or needed the dilution of assets or to have high value assest to loan against.

This is why I use the amazon comparison. Because like amazon did it used tech and it did something different. Just like blockbuster could have brought Netflix for $1 " whos going to be watching films on there computers " was the blockbusters ceos famous quote.

Syme is a start up. It is in a very niche market place. But when JPM day world wide inventory monetization is about $7trillion. You can see why I get excited about symes potential. I mean the company is 1 year old. And has got alot of hard compliance issues in many different countryā€™s sorted ans signed off. Now the true test is getting clients to use it and understand it.

2 Likes

Any update on this at all?

Waiting on the same. @JimLahey @Team212 @Bogi.H

T212_help is just another community user, probably not of much help if you ping them :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Dropped again today based on future guidance.

Would love to buy the dip but IBKR are being awkward about it with our Broker.

Been over a month since T212 said "We are exploring our options "ā€¦

Still no solutionā€¦

1 Like

T212: ā€œHey IBKR would you mind letting our customers trade please?ā€

A month laterā€¦

IBKR: ā€œNo.ā€

:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Does anyone find some of their RNSā€™s strangeā€¦ to give one example:

Note the words ā€œalso includes commercial opportunities positioned or lostā€

As taken from this Trading Update earlier this year:

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/SYME/trading-update/14921926

There is a few other instances as well of accounting practices and summary notes which are ā€˜weirdā€™.

Who wants for it are weird, a good effort to distract attention ā€¦ it does not change the fact that no update T212 ā€¦

1 Like

This is beyond ridiculous now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Very bad customer service.
At the very least we should have an update with some detail.
What are the options being explored?
What are the perceived timescales for a resolution?
Is it resolvable?

Sadly many weeks later we are still non the wiser

1 Like