Tax declaration in France for stocks

Bonjour,

I live in France but I am not French and I have difficulties understanding how to declare capital gain/loss from stock investements. I hope I can find some French people who also speak English to help me a bit.

In France, we need to declare and pay 30% (flat tax) for capital gains (plus values) and 30% for the dividends.

Dividends:

• For the dividends , when we receive them, 15% US tax has already been deducted .
  • So in theory, France should take only 15% (15% US + 15% French = 30%) tax for the dividends.

Capital gain (“plus vlaues”):

• For the capital gain , if we sell, we get the full amount (without any tax deducted).
  • So in theory, France should take 30% tax for the capital gain.

Let’s assume that we keep track of all these capital gains and Dividends and that we have the annual sum of capital gains and Dividends.

**My question is:

• How exactly do I declare these annual values? I know that we need to fill the 2042 and 2047 formulaires. But in what lines we put what?**

• Can trading212 provide us with the IFU?

I would deeply appreciate any help. @thierryb180381 I tag you in case you have help me.

5 Likes

If anyone knows it would be good! Looking for an answer too

1 Like

Bumping this thread, also interested

You could start a shared google sheet template and see what the community can build?

1 Like

Trading212 gives you an IFU sheet for your tax filings for the year. Check the support section and ask them.

1 Like

Check if there is a double taxation treaty between France and the US first. Or it could well be the case the French government want their 30% on your dividends along with the 30% CGT…

I’m subject to french taxation too.

And I’m interested in a clear answer to this question.

How could we ensure our dividends don’t get over taxed, in the home security country and an additional french 30% tax on the reminder?

Welcome to the Community, @Aymens :tada:

We replicate the exact same charges applied to us by our intermediary upon distributing dividends. You can view the exact withholding tax for dividends you have received in the History tab. Annual tax statements, generated through the app, can also be used to track such information as they include detailed information.

Still, it is always best to address more specific questions with your local tax authorities, as they can provide the most accurate and up-to-date information. Of course, if you believe the withheld tax is incorrect on a dividend you have received, you can always send me a message so I can double-check everything with the team :pray:

Hi all. I have managed to find a clear way to declare all this. I have verified this with the french tax office and I have been dclaring everying since 2019 like this.

Here are the instructions: Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like