Tesla stock split

Well the shop sets the price based on what it thinks it can get away with, but that is ultimately determined by the public.

Drugs?

Anyway, I’m not very pleased with my response to your cake analogy as it doesn’t capture all aspects of the stock market.

However, this is what you wrote:

So, we’ve got:

Slice Price (Share Price) = 2
Number of Slices (Number of Shares) = let’s say 16
Price of the Whole Cake (Market Capitalisation) = 2 x 16 = 32

You’re saying that to determine if $2 is a fair price, you need to divide $32 by $16, but the answer will always be $2.

I think what you’re referring to is how much it cost to make the cake (fundamental company value), but that isn’t the Market Capitalisation, has no bearing on the share price and doesn’t affect the Market Capitilisation.

It was x.6xxxxx . The 6 was multiplied by 5 as well. The rest to the right was cashed out. I thought all the fractional parts wouldn’t be, but the 6 was.

Cool. I was just trying to explain that some shares would’ve been cashed out if you didn’t have an exact multiple of 0.2.

Ok, for real last time.

Saying the value of a share x the number of shares = value of the company

is the same as

The value of the company / number of shares = value of a share

One does not affect the other if number of shares is staying constant. They move in tandem. The same. Share price goes up 1%. Market cap increases by 1%.

could we take this discussion to a private DM please? @nickspacemonkey @Supraman

1 Like

Also for the last time…

I’ve agreed with this several times now. I think you keep repeating it because you’ve still not even understood my point.

I also agree with this.

However, and this is the only thing we disagree on, you believe that it’s possible for something to increase the market capitalisation by 1% directly, which will cause the share price to also increase by 1%. I don’t.

I’ve no idea who’s right. That’s why it would be helpful if somebody else could settle the argument. Anybody?

Sorry I didn’t see this until after I sent my last post.

If you (or anyone) can tell us who’s right then we never need to discuss it again!

You should be paid for your fractional shares on the market’s close price that is $2200, while I got paid for my fractionals $1600 / 1

Pretty decent one year return :monkey_face:

1 Like

When that screenshot was taken?

Can you tell us how many shares you had pre-split, how many shares you have post-split and how much cash you received please?

Hi! I had 0.021 and got $34.7

You should’ve received $46.42, which is around £34.70. Are you sure you’re not confusing GBP and USD?

Well, I got the equivalent of $34.7 in my base currency. Maybe the system was confusing something, because you may be right.

What is your base currency?

Also, did you see this post from @David? Could that explain any discrepancy you have?

@b3699, does this explain what you’ve observed?

3 Likes

Oh, you are right! I didn’t know about this, the other part is in my freefunds. Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m very glad to have helped you!

1 Like

I understand this but how do I find out what my exact investment amount was? So I can reinvest that plus the profit, on Monday.

Thanks for linking that, I too was confused, but that explanation made it all click for me!