The new Android App is a Mess!

I have been using the Android App for the last few days and its new UI is an ergonomic disaster. Not only does it not have Polynomial regression channels any more that I have used for years but it just doesn’t work well on a mobile device. This feels like a CMC markets clone and their app was the reason I left their platform. I can’t use the app now outside of my office and am currently relying on my laptop and ipad as my Android phone now has this new version of the application. In short I hate it, I can’t find any redeeming feature of it and if this is the future of trading212 then I will take my money elsewhere. Count me as a very unhappy customer. It worked fine as it was and now it’s rendered my phone useless for trading. The buttons are too small, it can’t be used easily with one hand, it needs total concentration when using the app as it’s trying to do too much on a small screen (and I have a big 7.2in phone). Anyone else tried it yet? This is ruining my Trading212 experience after many years and will surely alienate many new traders . The simplicity of the original app was what made it inviting to use. This may technically be more powerful but it’s in all the wrong places. It simply brings nothing but flashy looks to the app, it is impossible to use 1 handed and literally makes me angry to use the app. I want it gone fast.

6 Likes

Hi Mark, would you elaborate the specific instances where you feel the app is lacking ergonomics. We’d be happy, with your help, to identify and fix any deficiencies. Screenshots are welcome. Thanks!

5 Likes

Well alongside the issues I’ve mentioned above. It’s change for changes sake which is never good. The buttons are too small and there’s too many of them for a small screen. It’s menu then sub menu then settings to set things up. May work with a mouse on a big display but on a phone with a finger, it’s a mess. Feels like something from 2001 from microsoft. Tbh. If you want to fix it, revert back 3 versions and leave it alone. You have allowed a perfectly good app become bloated and by adding useless functionality and glitz you have managed to ruin the simplicity and functionality that made your platform work so well on mobile devices. I want to shake the developer but I’d settle for them being fired.

3 Likes

Resistance to change is just human nature, but is usually counter intuitive. But I have no say as I haven’t even seen the new update yet lol.

3 Likes

I’m the least resistant to change person there is. I drive a Tesla lol, they never stay the same for long. This is a real mess on a small screen. Go try and use it and you will see how bad it is. Try and use it whilst walking (as people do with phones). You have also removed Polynomial regression channels which I rely on for my trading which is a big deal for me. It’s half baked at best and will put off many people new to the platform. I’ve been using the previous platform for many years and whilst it wasn’t perfect, it worked well on mobile devices and didn’t drain the battery of the device over long periods this uses a lot more resources than it used to to achieve a worse result

1 Like

Happy to share my thoughts on the new app and say I actually really like it. I used to use the IG app for charting and i can do everything that I need to from within T212 app.

The chart is responsive and has a good range of charting tools. I have no interest in using the chart to trade directly but get how that could be useful for some.

I want to see this upgrade on the web version!

4 Likes

I’ll echo the above, it’s absolutely fine for me and I’m not really seeing what all the fuss and flag waving is about.

1 Like

I haven’t used the app in a while so I downloaded it to see what all the fuss is about. Seems perfectly fine to me, works well even on my 3in screen.

2 Likes

Well go on then. Poof, off you go.

3 Likes

Not a train station - departure message not neccesary

3 Likes

Further evidence that groups like this are bad for business.

I advised it to other people before; in investing, there is no place for unhappy relationship with your broker.

If you don’t trust your broker, or are unhappy with the services they provide, you absolutely should go away.

Not a spiteful comment; actual legit advice.

1 Like

Or that you’re the toddler taking his ball away because the other players don’t care about your rules.

@Scrooge_McCodf should rename @Scorched_Earth, burning the conversations to the ground and leaving a trail of destruction no one dares following into.

1 Like

I’m just holding a mirror up, I can’t help it if people don’t like what they see :rofl:

3 Likes

I agree with this comment. Feels like they have pulled the rug though as they have ruined the app and removed the indicators I required to use. They have created the break in the relationship after many years (over 5) that I didn’t ask for.

1 Like

Alright, bye bye then!

The buy button is huge. Can’t see how it can be made any bigger.

Maybe give some more specific examples as it’s hard to see what you are having problems with exactly.

1 Like

I miss the ability to list instruments by ticker only. See below. It was better when I could see VUSA, VERX, etc. It used to be that this was an option under Settings, Trading preferences. But that option has been removed.

Below is even worse. I cannot see at all what are the first three investments in this pie:

4 Likes

I agree. This isn’t usable at all.

1 Like