Thoughts about this Video?

Or not.
On the other hand, I think the Youtuber will change his views as T212 continues to grow and succeed (and IF it does, which we all hope it will do :smiley: ) moving ahead of the game but allowing some healthy competition to survive as that allows customers some choice.

Remember that none of us have any say in the matter. I wonder how T212 will react.
I think that it could be a bad PR move to remove the free share referrals from him. My main point being, the risk of a PR mistake are greater by removing the unlimited free share referral than by not doing anything.
I personally think the best approach is to ignore this video.

1 Like

I just left a comment lol (be sure to like it to bump it up :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

1 Like

You sound very fair in your comment to him.

I just hope he reads it and thinks about what he has done as it could hurt him otherwise.

1 Like

its a hit or miss scenario, but you donā€™t reward somebody for spreading misinformation that has financial ramifications. being a creative and collecting free shares for referrals understandably requires you to uphold a degree of professionalism and impartiality.

I donā€™t care what he does going forward, by pulling this stunt he has lost any respectability and reputation he may have built to date. Itā€™s a worse PR mistake to continue to reward him for harming others with half-truths and lies. T212 funds are better used elsewhere than on someone who resorted to clickbait out of feeling annoyed he couldnā€™t profit from his video.

of course we donā€™t get a say in what T212 decide, but itā€™s not such a hard call to make.

5 Likes

Exactly. Free shares are for everyone. But the unlimited creator link, you need to get approved for that. Trading 212 should not be giving it out to anyone unfairly bashing the platform. Iā€™m just waiting on another video after the waitlist is gone of him advocating 212 again
And the videos gone. We did it lol

3 Likes

That was fastā€¦the video was deleted.

Is that a good scenario?

3 Likes

it probably means there was enough report flags for YouTube to put pressure on the uploader to either defend his case or take it down. we should likely expect a new video to go up soon with the youtuber either changing what he said, arguing his case against the pressure he got or he will continue on pretending the video never happened.

5 Likes

Seems the video was removed so canā€™t comment

1 Like

I think more than likely he deleted it himself after realising 99% of the points he made were factually incorrect and the remainder very weak. Seems like a nice guy but awful video, not surprised he deleted, probably embarrassed.

3 Likes

Still the video had one of his higher view counts if not highest. Good they have hopefully realised that it was factually incorrect but from comments I could not read it that way.

2 Likes

Ok nvm scratch that, seems he hasnā€™t realised that most of his points are incorrect and the rest weak - shame he got abusive comments though

4 Likes

It is such a shame he is standing by his views on the matter.

Perhaps he should come onto the Community Board and talk to the team themselves as he did use an Outdated source of information.

If he compared T212 to Freetrade, Stake and perhaps Robinhood he may have realised that T212 is in a much better position.

There is a reason why he got so much abuse on the matter. He didnā€™t really look into each problem thoroughly.

6 Likes

I bet he isnā€™t on the community forum, that is the only innocent explanation for him not knowing the services he repeatedly claimed are completely unsustainable are actually now profitable.

3 Likes

Maybe we could reach out to him as then he would get Infinite referrals then?

Then again, he may carry on making false claims but at the same time talking about his stocks in T212.

2 Likes

If you see the community post on his channel, theyā€™re very supportive of him and think that all the points were trueā€¦ just shows the influence someone can have. People also blaming Trading 212 for the bad comments and removing the video :man_facepalming: I will definitely need to make a video myself.

4 Likes

Agreed. I think this video is the same:

However this YouTuber trashed T212 a bit more carefully - he makes even more baseless claims but in a more convincing way. :lying_face:

3 Likes

Canā€™t see the video as been taken down.

My thoughts are that most youtubers who talk about stocks are not knowledgable on stocks or how businesses work and therefore cant read accounting documents properly anyway. How they get money is not through clever investment, its through youtube money, referral stocks and similar things like this unrelated to actual stock knowledge. Due to this they create clickbait, often titles are misleading, but even if not then they have little evidence or knowledge to back up the claims they make.

To cleanse this we would need a bear market where most get destroyed and canā€™t actually provide advice as bear market advice is less easy and less ā€˜funā€™ than when most things are going up and can claim ā€˜expertiseā€™.

Full disclosure, I did 2 youtube videos and realised no point, get lost in this ā€˜noiseā€™ so gave up trying to do no frills help videos.

5 Likes

This guy is usually pretty up to date and knowledgable about stocks, but the Video itself was pretty bad on saying how Trading 212 is losing money and banning users and such.

I doubt he will go with the rest of them but I donā€™t think in future he will have as many Subscribers as they seem to heavily rely on his knowledge without doing their own.

Youtube money is probably true but I recall him saying Ā£500 a month isnā€™t enough to do the videos. (Wouldnā€™t mind it myself though).

2 Likes

Yes however unlike companies the invest in Youtubers dont have to be transparent, they can claim anything, not saying this guy does but many do underplay their partnerships and what they get paid directly or indirectly. Some mobile games youtubers for example I used to vaguely follow got exposed.

1 Like

Ā£500 a month for daily videos really isnā€™t much. Like Ā£15 per video. But if it only takes an hour or two to make a video it definitely isnā€™t terrible. My wage is terrible because I donā€™t have ad revenue yet, and Iā€™m never asking anyone to pay me anything :joy:

1 Like