Top 5 stocks for 212 members

Are you still bullish on KEFI mate? Would you buy at todays price? Thanks…

Very much so on KEFI, I have 250,000 shares (probably will top that up to 500,000). It should be very interesting new few weeks going to towards March when it kicks off and ducks are in alignment.

Apple
Bitcoin
Ethereum
Tesla
TSCM

2 Likes

Any good U.K. ones? :joy:

1 Like

Tesla
VIrgin Galactic
Square
Apple
DraftKings
Bonus: Bitcoin ETP (I won’t sell since I can’t buy it back) :smiley:

3 Likes

Tesla
Square
Nordstrom(JWN)
Apple
FaceBook
Alphabet(Google)
UpWork

1 Like

Tesla $1500
Virgin Galactic $125
Powerhouse Energy £0.35
Argo Blockchain £2.50
Lloyds £0.60

End of year prediction

My top 5 holdings as it stands as:

Amazon
Alphabet (Google)
Docusign
Peloton
B&M

1 Like

Tesla
Grow Generation
Digital Turbine
Enphase Energy
Fiverr

1 Like

Based on current worth

Virgin Galactic
Tesla
Legal & General
Drax Group
Bae Systems

1. Franco Nevada
  2. Berkshire Hathaway
  3. Energy Fuels
  4. Prosus
  5. Square

Based on my holdings

GAN
Tattooed Chef
Greggs
Virgin Group Acquisition Corp
Longview Acquisition Corp

Based on £ profit

Alpine4 (ALPP)
Churchill Capital (CCIV)
Palantir (PLTR)
Tesla (TSLA)
Switchback Energy (SBE)
Skilz (SKLZ)

Thats 6 - which one would you chop?

Bason on profit alone it would have to be Skillz

Based on risk - CCIV as it is really speculative but sitting at over +80% on investment

1 Like

Ciaran, are you making coin on CFD? It just seems so risky using leverage and i don’t trust myself lol.

I only used CFD and about 90 - 95% of my trades were profitable over a 6 month period, depending on what time period you look at.

T212 moved the goal posts though around November or December. The spread on CFDs increased, leverage reduced, overnight fees increased, and the platform had lots of technical issues. It became impossible for me to use T212 for CFD trading since then so now I only use the platform on the Invest side.

I opened a spread betting account with CMC Markets instead. Spread Betting is more or less identical to CFDs but capital gains tax free.

In my opinion, having access to leverage is no more or less risky than regular investing as long as you account for the leverage in your planning. The only risk is the person themselves not understanding leverage and not being able to manage their own money. If I was to give any advice, it would be to not get greedy. When starting off, if you’re going long on a position which has 1:5 leverage, open 5 CFDs as this is the same price as buying the stock itself. Take a look at how the CFD position moves around in value. You’ll learn a lot from that.

Generally my method was to stack small CFD positions. 5 CFDs at 70 dollars, another 5 at 72 dollars, another 5 at 74 dollars etc. Adding more and more as the stock rises. My own personal target for closing CFDs then was if I make 50 dollars profit on 5 CFDs I close, 100 dollars on 10 CFDs I close, etc.

Essentially, do you own research, leverage is just another layer of complexity and another layer of learning.

2 Likes

The five stocks for me are SPACs stocks near NAV searching to merge with companies in sexy industries (e.g EV/ESG, FinTech, Block Chain. a highly selective Genome Mapping) with a high Enterprise Values. Liquidate it when they are about to merge. I might want to reenter a few weeks after the merger date when I believe in the new companies in the long run.

1 Like

Just verifying, what is the withholding tax rate on divs by CA-stocks held with T212? 25%, right?

• VWRP - For global equity exposure
  • SMT - Global large cap equity, with some private company exposure.
  • CHRY - Access to some more good unlisted companies - Graphcore, Starling, Transferwise(possibly not at current pricing).
  • ICLN/INRG - Clean energy seems to be the thing nowadays.
  • HEAL - Healthcare is always important.

OK so not stocks, but there are some really good Investment Trusts/ETFs we have access to on the cheap.

Anything else can be small satellite positions.

2 Likes