Unable to put a stop loss “The entered price value is too far from the current market price”

We’ve increased the distance, @bmbm365. :ok_hand:

Are you sure? I cant set sell limits at some of the extreme prices it has been at previously- I would expect limit ranges to match historic prices?

1 Like

@Team212
Please extend CFD sell limits for NXT (Next PLC).
Thank you

Hey there, @StockHog100

The distance for Next PLC (NXT) has just been increased - enjoy! :+1:

1 Like

@Team212

Please increase limits for SUNW in ISA.

I was able to set orders above $7 recently when the asset price was lower (around $1-2)…
However now the price has increased a bit to $2.50+ and now unable to put sell orders above $7.

This gets very tedious/laborious for stocks that are very volatile when it is not clear how your restrictions seem to move/change without any clear correlation to the price.
Delays and requesting these changes is the difference between being able to buy/sell at the price required and potentially missing a price move. I’m sure you understand.

Please fix/increase. Thank you

1 Like

@Team212
Please increase order price limits for WTER in ISA.
Thank you

Hey @StockHog100, the distance of SUNW has been increased to 100% of its price. You can now place pending orders in the range of $5 to $6.

Regarding WTER, we’ll be unable to make any adjustments for the time being.

Hi, this limit is insufficient for my SUNW targets.
I already have some orders in $7-11 range, but was editing existing orders only to find the limit had changed which is now incredibly inconvenient.

I don’t want to be watching the charts all day. This is the point of limit orders, I’m sure you understand.
Please see previous price action on this asset, some moves are 100%+ in a day.
Please can you you widen the available range.
Thank you

For the time being, we won’t increase the distance further. This is a risk management decision that’s been taken in order to avoid flooding the market with a lot of pending orders.

I’m still struggling to understand this.
As a user, say for example you, you buy an asset, and only AFTER buying, you find out, you will not be able to sell at an intended target price (where the asset has previously been said price), due to unpublished sell distance limits which constantly change and you are not pre warned about. Is this ok?

I can understand a sell distance limit for maybe, wildly outside of a price range where an asset has never been, but surely within historical prices its not a crazy concept. This is the main method of trading… Buy/sell, set limit order to buy/sell, wait for price to move. But this is not feasible with the distance limits constantly being set/unset.

Help me understand this?
Or is there anywhere I can see this information in real time???
Or when do you plan on stopping this practice, or if not stopping, publishing the distance limits?

It’s important to me to have clarification on this, I know you understand.
Thank you

1 Like

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=14186

1 Like

Please increase the limit for BBBY

For the time being, we won’t be increasing the distance for Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc. (BBBY), @Stuart92. However, I’ll let you know if anything changes.

Please increase the limit for DAVA (at least to the history max that the stock has gone). I am trying to set a sell order to a min price little below the history max, and getting “The entered price value is too far from the current market”.
Thanks in advance.

We won’t be able to increase the limits for Endava (DAVA). The maximum distance is set to 120% of the current market price. The values are dynamically updated, and you can amend your pending order as the market price of the instrument increases.