Uso etf request

HELLO, COULD I PLEASE REQUEST TO ADD THE ETF USO (United States Oil Fund) TO THE PLATFORM?

IT’S AN UNPRECEDENTED OPPORTUNITY TO INVEST IN AN OIL FUND…

THANK YOU.

1 Like

USO is already available in the CFD account. Not available in invest or ISA, however, due to regulations I believe

That is a real shame. WTI oil fund is available on ISA, so I’d wonder why USO couldn’t be?

1 Like

WTI is a fund in Germany, that’s why it’s allowed. EU doesn’t allow for direct investment in U.S funds, however there are a lot of European funds that replicate the American funds, you can usually find with UCITS in the title. There may be one for USO, but I’m unaware of it

2 Likes

Thanks! I will have to go with NAT and WTI :+1:

1 Like

With June futures projected to plummet to $-100 and USO reverse splitting to keep itself afloat at all, what would lead you to believe that this is a good time to buy into it? That just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Thanks for asking trah2. They want to get rid of the June contracts altogether. If you were to play a swing trade with NAT while the crude oil price was negative you would make a profit and you could make a 6-24 months investment in and oil fund such as WTI or USO. This way you would profit in both trends (on the way up and down). Again, this is not financial advice, it’s just my opinion. I hope this helps.

Fair enough, in the long term it could work out, I would just be worried that USO will become illiquid before the oil market recovers. But I guess if you also trade NAT you have at least some security in the opposite direction.

I see very unlikely they become illiquid but there’s always a risk… and yeah the investment strategies decision depends on your expected trade lengths. Oil prices will come back up for sure. We’ll need oil for another 70 years at least, analysts say. Good luck on your trades! :v:

If you invest into OD7F now, isn’t there a big chance of it getting liquidated in the near future?

The average consensus is to invest in tankers for the next 3-4 weeks and then into oil funds.

1 Like

In general, how effective is a reverse stock split to prevent liquidation of an ETF?
At face value it seems they could keep doing it, but Im sure that’s not the case.
Just honestly trying to understand the risks of WTI fund, because Ive been watching it for a bit

Just preventing it from being delisted of the stock exchange. Now, the German economy is already being reopened gradually and therefore the crude oil demand will increase. I still wouldn’t put all my eggs in one basket…

As someone from Germany, don’t count on it - cases are already spiking up again. The reopening will have to happen very slowly, or else we will be facing a second wave soon!

1 Like

Good to hear it from a German who knows the insights. There’s so much uncertainty and misleading info out there…