Why we had to set a higher minimum for pending orders

Thanks for the explanation @David

Please keep us posted on your discussions with the intermediary

Hopefully you can negotiate agreeable terms with them

We all know the key to a good trade, are low risk entries, so I hope you find a solution for us on low account balances

4 Likes

This is a very polite and reasonable message. Unfortunately, Iā€™m not trying to be negative, but I canā€™t see a resolution for those with small balances.

No one has time for costly small fry

Thatā€™s Exactly, and same for when you want to sale any instrument, if the value its below 100 pounds, you will have to sell it it market order.

1 Like

Small balance? So imagine instead of this higher minimum Trading 212 introduced a paywall and put the feature behind it. Would we complain more? Guess what, with other brokers pending orders already are a ā€œpremium featureā€.

Obviously this is a temporarily measure and @David explained they had critical reasons. Letā€™s not dramatise this much about it.

3 Likes

Yes you are missing that trading is a percentages game,

And many people recently have been able to build small accounts such as Ā£100 up to a reasonable size by buying and selling

Everyone starts somewhere and has their own strategy

Perhaps the entry bar has been raised,

Arguably, it mightnā€™t be worth people buying and selling Ā£1-5 holdings frequentlyā€¦ But thatā€™s how I startedā€¦ And only considering to add more capital now

Iā€™m 30yrs old so lucky to have capitalā€¦ But for a younger trader, or someone without savings, I think a low entry should be made possibleā€¦ Helps them to build confidence and strategy, aiming for good percentages

Hopefully Trading212 work out the kinks in the technical issues. I donā€™t believe the issues are anything more that system relatedā€¦ Bit more reinvestment into the IT architecture

7 Likes

Seems like yesterday that investors had to put in 1k plus per trade to get the fees to work. T212 and others have done a great job of making markets more accessible at smaller levels. It is getting a little frustrating though now how whenever the market is volatile all the brokers collapse which seems related to the volume of trades. So I am up for any safeguards that make it more stable for people. 100 may be a little high but I am not aware of anyone else offering these features for free in the UK? Also the whole argument of market orders vs limit for sub 100 is a joke as there is no real difference and if anything will be pennies. Principle of not being able to set limit sells is annoying though.

2 Likes

If you only got 100 to invest my advice would be instead of agonising over picking 30 different shares and spending hours on that to make the cost of a Starbucks focus on how to further your education/ job/ earning potential, or budgeting etc. Not many get rich simply from investing you need money in the first place.

I love trading 212 I really do. It allowed me to get in the market. No one else did. Well FT did but they wasnā€™t as advanced with limit orders.

I only invest now using limit orders. Thatā€™s my success.

Yea others charge, thatā€™s why Iā€™m with 212.

For me is basically 212 or no one.

This is why Iā€™m devastated

I can do live pricing trades but no doubt I returns will not be anywhere close and the time I will have to put in just wonā€™t be worth it.

Itā€™s just a really sad day for me personally and feel Iā€™ve been priced out by the whole market, not 212 in particular

I built up Ā£2k worth of stv stock buying small amounts every time it feel lower than its 52 week low.

Now drip feeding to build out a position over time is ok.

Come on donā€™t get on your high horse saying people with only Ā£100 shouldnā€™t be investing.

You need to check your privilege and not make such snobby comments

9 Likes

Theyā€™ve not stopped you from selling though! :man_shrugging:

Penny stocks move fast and you might have a target sell.

1 Like

No disrespect intended but thatā€™s a stupid advice for telling people what they can or cannot do with their very own 100, who gave you the right??

7 Likes

I started with less than 100 but just focused on building up regular savings etc and invested in ETF to get an amount that is then worth spending the hours of research needed to properly invest in individual stocks. I do think T212 has an odd business model though of releasing an amazing product and then slowly restricting it haha. So I feel your pain it is annoying but I have also been investing long enough to have experienced the oldbrokers. I am only 30 but been investing since a young age.

4 Likes

Just my view if someone only has 100 to invest they could probably do better to try and earn more than try and make some diamond hand gains in the markets :wink: also I think the point here is everyone still has access to market orders. I have no issue with that. The more people investing from early age and low amounts the better for their long term wealth hopefully.

1 Like

It means, that the main reason for my registration on T212 no longer exists. I will consider exit from T212 and opening an account with more stable and secure broker such as Degiro.

I am not surprised that the conditions are changing to the worse. :roll_eyes:

Your still missing the point, itā€™s okay to share your views but donā€™t tell people how to go about their 100. The changes implemented by T212 is already annoying the heck out of most people, you really donā€™t want to add fuel to fireā€¦i have no issue with you but you must understand peopleā€™s annoyance with T212 atm

5 Likes

Hope you find what youā€™re looking for there.

1 Like

I am not understanding very clear the situation. This will be for both Invest & CFD accounts , or only for CFD ? At Invest account for people who aim long term, do not think that will use so much Pending Order, but for daily trader i think this will increase their risk and their budget. Any more clear information, about how it will work, would really appreciate it!

Complaining over Ā£100 affordability per bet is being so aggressive and unnecessary or did i miss something ??

3 Likes

You obviously did if thatā€™s what you took from the post.

1 Like