Why we had to set a higher minimum for pending orders

Does this mean setting a higher minimum for pending orders will be ditched until you figure out a way to to implement a more elegant/less restrictive solution???

I think it means that the restrictions are here until they come up with a permanent, elegant and less restrictive solution.

Wow.
Canā€™t even sell your penny stocks cos of this! I have a single stock under 100 and I canā€™t sell it lol.
Lame, was good but I think itā€™s time to drop 212. Sorry guys and thank you for being so awesome till now.

6 Likes

As an investor Im not too bothered about a share price moving slightly. I buy small amounts, but at current market price. Sometimes it goes down slightly before its processed, sometimes it goes up

To be honest Iā€™ll have to move elsewhere too. Thereā€™s only really 1 competitor thatā€™s similar which I think is a shame. One of the only reasons Iā€™ve done well is investing small and building out a position based on limits. For me Ā£100 to start a position is very risky. Or if I want to take 10% profit of my Ā£100 I canā€™t do that either unless Iā€™m constantly looking at prices.

I understand if 212 canā€™t cope with the too good to be true business model they created. Itā€™s better if they never had these features in the first place then take them away.

Itā€™s a very sad day for be personally.

One last thing, by saying ā€˜temporarilyā€™ gives this a feel of interim. But from this post above it looks like a permanent change. It would be good to understand if all brokers are required to do this going forward

17 Likes

I bet you don`t :rofl:

It probably depends on how much custom they are prepared to lose.

I think itā€™s a real shame that people who donā€™t use price limits are jumping on this acting as if we are in the wrong for buying small amounts. We only do this because we have limited resources and itā€™s a way get the price we set as reasonable.

If for example 212 stopped small live investments I wouldnā€™t jump on people saying well you can set limits. I donā€™t see what the problem is.

The tools were there for us to use. I based my whole investing strategy on these tools. Just buying any old price at any old timeā€¦ well thatā€™s just not the way the tool was built for me

6 Likes

@AlexK This is a good Idea. Much straight forward withing impacting the flow of money.

It sounds like the exchanges donā€™t like the average retail investor anymore. I wonder why? Coincidence that this comes so soon after the GME story?

More likely its just the average retail investor jumping on the Reddit bandwagon thinking its a good idea, but framing it ā€˜market manipulation tacticsā€™ probably covers them against any accusation of unfairness against the average investor.

How many pies try to complete when the US market opens? I imagine a lot. Would having flexible/alternative timings on pie completion ease the bottleneck a little?

8 Likes

I donā€™t even know why forums exist. I donā€™t even know why I wanted an explanation.

Theyā€™ve decided what theyā€™ve decided and thereā€™s nothing us small price limit investors can do about it :cry:

7 Likes

Nobody charges Ā£12 per trade, this is only banks and nobody with his right sense will trade with banks and their outdated platforms, even the very reputable and old platforms like Charles Schwab, Hargreaves, Fidelity etc. These dont charge such amount. there are all going commission-free soon. The reason is nothing is free!

Out of curiosity, do you regularly use pending orders yourself?
You realise there have never been fractional shares for pending orders.

2 Likes

Welp I didnā€™t even think about this, I always scale out of positions with limit sells :sob::sob::sob: rip that

2 Likes

So aggressive and unnecessary. Honestly, T212 should close this forum for their own sanity.

5 Likes

Why close the forum have you seen thereā€™s numerous posts sticking up for 212 here

Apparently itā€™s my small limit price buys and sells that are slowing down systems and opening up potential bad practice :thinking:

Limit sells are a big deal for me. I hope T212 sorts out this issue quickly. I remember when they had Ā£50 minimum trades on invest, I stopped using them and went elsewhere. The service has obviously matured since then hence me being back. I hope this issue does not become permanent.

3 Likes

Am I missing something here you can still place orders for under 100 at market rates live. Whats the issue? Surely people are not queuing hundreds or orders for amounts less than that!

5 Likes

The problem with that defence is that itā€™s not one really. Itā€™s just condescension, you could use any figure and say the same thing.

1 Like

So for example I like a stock but itā€™s ran up. I think it will fall but not sure when do Iā€™ll set a price limit and walk away. This can still be done, but only if you have 100 not a smaller amount say like Ā£40 for one Unilever share. I think it will fall too Ā£39. I canā€™t buy unless I buy 2 so Ā£78. Thatā€™s 100% extra exposure for me. But wait thatā€™s still not 100 so Iā€™ll have to set 3 at Ā£117 :cry:

4 Likes