Why we had to set a higher minimum for pending orders

First you announce changes (E. G. Pies within pies) and never deliver, and now thisā€¦ You better do as you say, because I can see people jump ship very easilyā€¦

For all, I know there was an issue with Robinhood and other free commission trade platforms (not mentioning names) selling these orders details to the exchange" so basically selling your trading information to the exchange, obviously, thatā€™s why it free in most of the platforms. So Congress and SEC are looking into these actions to determine if itā€™s legal or not. So everyone is kinda startled. It all started with this Reddit trade. Hopefully, the dust will settle or maybe not, who knows. but one thing for sure the little guys are suffering the brunt and this not TRADING 212 faults, to say the least. TRADING 212 is one of the best out there, I have tried many of them, from Interactive to Degiro and free-trade etc. So let us support our platform and hopeful;y the can find a better way to support us.

4 Likes

Spot on, thatā€™s why Robinhood is executing in house and they needed to borrow a hefty amount for thatā€™s. read the extract. All the brokers are under massive pressure.

The trading unicorn closed an additional $1 billion in funding over the weekend, two sources tell Forbes , on top of a $1 billion cash injection it raised last week. Robinhood is also in talks to raise a third tranche of funding of up to $1 billion, on top of the $2 billion in new cash itā€™s pulled in, taking its total for the week to as much as $3 billion, the sources say. Robinhoodā€™s new cash is coming in the form of convertible notes, which value the online brokerage at a cap of up to $30 billion, or a 30% discount in an eventual initial public offering.

After publication, Robinhood sent out a press release confirming itā€™s raised a total of $3.4 billion over the past week. ā€œWith this funding, weā€™ll build and enhance our products that give more people access to the financial system,ā€

I wonder how pie is going to work as each slice is much lower than 100Ā£/$.

@Fra Inside pies orders are executed as market orders so nothing will change

@David thank you for keeping the community informed

2 Likes

Hey, I just want to a few things out there:

• T212 is a great platform with lots of features above others in itā€™s class

• Very responsive staff, that have added bunch of tickers and add-ons, responding to this forum over the past year to our suggestions

• Limit buys are important to us, the issue can be broken down into a technical issue and commercial issue:

Technical: servers getting overloaded, T212 
    to understand to get people filled at open. 
    Currently they are  exploring options

Commercial: T212 looking at their business 
    model and understand the strategies of 
    customers and deal with interaction of the 
    brokerage and the market. 

So I think it's worth to give T212 some leeway 
    to consider the technical issues as they said 
    they have a pause. Ideally for a short period, 
    but as with any technical issue, giving 
    deadlines is tricky. 

As for the commercial aspect. I personally 
    would like to have limit buys, at values as low 
    as Ā£1 for buying/selling, as before. And let's 
    encourage T212 to do that. Just keeping in 
    mind the staff have been good, that I have 
    seen of their actions in the past year or more. 

I like the T212 team, and weā€™ve been pressuring these guys for tickers features etc. for ages, and they usually deliveršŸ‘

I hope the T212, see this post, and most of all see that as customers we appreciate themā€¦ get the job done, and we can get back to making money

7 Likes

Pieā€™s wonā€™t be affected as it is a market order, as I understand

1 Like

Donā€™t agree with that home page anymore and neither do i have the time to explain my reasons to anyone.

Nothing inappropriate about this for those who flagged itā€¦ i just donā€™t agree thatā€™s allā€¦nothing negative about it

@Tony.V please review flagged posts before acting on them, we cant just use flags inappropriately to drown peopleā€™s opinion. Thanks

5 Likes

Thatā€™s ok. Take as long as you need to come up with one.

1 Like

Will do :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Many shares on LSE are denominated in pence so that makes minimum 100p = Ā£1?

2 Likes

minimum value of Ā£100, just tested on RR below

You can invest as little as $1 using a Market order.

6 Likes

Does this new rule affect auto-invest on PIEs? :pie:

It doesnā€™t since AutoInvest relies on market orders.

3 Likes

Do you have a timeline of when you expect to put limit orders back down to a suitable amount?
Say $10/Ā£10?

4 Likes

I canā€™t understand the corporate policy from 212 anymore
It lost completely itā€™s corporate DNA
Customers just emptied their gun on you, and instead of preventing a reload, youā€™re coming back handing clients a free bazooka.

From restrictions to lag, to ridiculous changes, price alerts coming 20 mins after it triggered, etc

Youā€™re supposed to do damage control, not increase the damage.

I understand the frustration from a lot that canā€™t place pending orders for 100 and plus

Pending orders are always factored in any strategy.

Now thatā€™s almost forcing people with the inability to set a pending order into a day trading scalping pattern.

I am not actively investing here itā€™s purely for benchmarks. But youā€™re paving a path of destruction.

12 Likes

you can buy it as a market order for $1 the homepage is still right

1 Like

I think the whole point of this thread is the minimum placed on limit orders not market orders.

But a good point that denomination of euros dollars and pence, not pounds would suggest 100p limit :joy:

2 Likes